Noctis

Cannibal Holocaust is the most disgusting, cruel, and immoral film ever created

Sorry, but how the hell did the director not go to fucking prison for making the film? And the actors, too. What an absolutely awful film that has no problem abusing animals. They skinned a rat alive, they fucking decapitated, dismembered, and and ate a turtle. A monkey was trapped and had its face cut off with a machete.

Absolutely disgusting film.

Freedom of expression does not mean someone can go and torture living animals. Appalling. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GejghUjvQTg

It's so fucking difficult to watch, but you should see it to see how fucking awful human beings can be to animals.

• Like 4

The point he's making is a good one.  Not everyone has seen Cannibal Holocaust.  I'm assuming this is the first time Noctis has seen it.  I had the same reaction as well.  Not sure what you two have a problem with.

35 year-delayed poutrage. Cheeky.

I recently heard about it.

So you want us to watch a film just to marvel at how inhumane it is. Yeah, I don't think that's going to help the problem.

Watching that scene horrified me beyond belief. It is the only time I have ever thrown up watching anything. But it needs to be seen so maybe some people can understand how non-humans are always viewed as lesser than us and not worth our time. 

• Like 1

Humans kill animals all the time for food, clothes, furniture and sport. Is it so wrong to kill animals for a movie?

Yes, it is.  Torture is wrong.  

I'm not staying in this thread, I can already see where it's going.

Noctis, good on you for starting the thread but you know how I feel on this.  

Yes, it is.  Torture is wrong.  

I'm not staying in this thread, I can already see where it's going.

Noctis, good on you for starting the thread but you know how I feel on this.  

I'm just playing devil's advocate.

I am conflicted though, I struggle to justify killing but not justify torture.

The point he's making is a good one.  Not everyone has seen Cannibal Holocaust.  I'm assuming this is the first time Noctis has seen it.  I had the same reaction as well.  Not sure what you two have a problem with.

The film is indeed disgusting and immoral and deserves to be condemned to a footnote in history. Why give it more publicity? 

• Like 2

We wouldn t have 10% of modern medicine without torturing and experimiting with insane amount of cruelty millions and millions of animals. Think about this next time you have any serious disease.

And the meat you eat is killed in concentration camps where you don t wan t to know how these animals live and how they are killed.

There is no " human" way to kill animals on an industrial level.

Go visit slaughterhouses or ask Jodie Foster s character how she feels about those lambs.

Cannibal Holocaust was designed to denounce all the above I ve just said.

The director knew what he was doing, he wanted to denounce the hypocrisy of "modern civilization".

Humans dispose of animals and we are more cruel the more civilized we think we get.

Industrial farms of red meat,salmons, chickens, well any animals killed for their meat are some of the most gruesome and disturbing places on earth.

Whether you like it or not, your/our way of life implies inhuman treatment to animals whether it is for food or science and medicine.

No way to escape it unless you go vegan and treat yourself at home with herbs and tea next time you get cancer.

Never visit an R&D oncology research center.

Edited by The Futurist

There is a scene in Lawrence of Arabia where you can definitely see that some horses are having terrible falls from a wagon they jumped off.

Some definitely destroyed their legs, and you know what happens to horses with broken legs.

We wouldn t have 10% of modern medicine without torturing and experimiting with insane amount of cruelty millions and millions of animals. Think about this next time you have any serious disease.

And the meat you eat is killed in concentration camps where you don t wan t to know how these animals live and how they are killed.

There is no " human" way to kill animals on an industrial level.

Go visit slaughterhouses or ask Jodie Foster s character how she feels about those lambs.

Cannibal Holocaust was designed to denounce all the above I ve just said.

The director knew what he was doing, he wanted to denounce the hypocrisy of "modern civilization".

Humans dispose of animals and we are more cruel the more civilized we think we get.

Industrial farms of red meat,salmons, chickens, well any animals killed for their meat are some of the most gruesome and disturbing places on earth.

Whether you like it or not, your/our way of life implies inhuman treatment to animals whether it is for food or science and medicine.

No way to escape it unless you go vegan and treat yourself at home with herbs and tea next time you get cancer.

Never visit an R&D oncology research center.

I started to watch something on what they do to chickens at mass produced factories and it was one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen. not only were they treated beyond levels of cruelty, but they were kept in such cramped conditions and not fed right that there is no way they can even be getting the nutrition they need to even be considered good for consumption. I do believe animals out here for us to enjoy and I don't have a problem with people eating or hunting them. but they need to be treated with kindness and humanity as much as possible. I personally think that all livestock should be freerange, they are way healthier and better to eat that way, and enjoy much better lives.

Temple Grandin is a good film to watch,  She inventing a lots of better ways to make cows not feel frighting and for comfortable, I mean sure they were still getting slaughtered but it was better.  

• Community Manager

Right. Apocalypse Now.

La Règle du jeu in 1939 apparently killed hundreds of animals.

I mean if your going to condemn this movie as the most immoral, disgusting, cruel film ever created because of animal cruelty...it technically does have competition and by mere numbers, there are films that beat it.

I hear Salo (Or the 120 Days of Sodom) gives it a run for its money. Actually, that movie might be ever more notorious. I've never actually seen either though, and don't plan to.

I've seen Salo and Cannibal Holocaust, and I think they're both incredibly powerful, deeply disturbing films that I won't be watching again.

The animal stuff in CH is hideous and inexcusable, but I'm sorry to say this: if you eat meat you can't really say shit.

I've seen Salo and Cannibal Holocaust, and I think they're both incredibly powerful, deeply disturbing films that I won't be watching again.

The animal stuff in CH is hideous and inexcusable, but I'm sorry to say this: if you eat meat you can't really say shit.

I love tasty animals, but this movie looks quite fucked up.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1