Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

When exceptions are made excuses come in full force. lol

Huh? I'm not making excuses for anything. I'm saying that Avengers: AOU probably isn't going to have as strong of legs as TWS for a variety of reasons, and it won't have BETTER legs than TA like TWS did than the first CAP . There's a reason TWS did what it did- it's not common, it's a rarity. It's the exception, not the rule, like I just said. If every sequel had better legs than the first, then THAT would the rule.

Midnight showings were for the diehard fans. There's nothing better during a film's release than being in a room full of fans that are just as excited as you are.

Nowadays, studios like Disney BETRAY the diehard fans by - you know what, I'll be quiet about it now...

Yup! Most people on this board would prefer that number would not happen though. I'd love to see 100m OD, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

blessings to my archer warrior. fancy im in car with my dad as i type this. yu loving that the war between av2 vs sw7 vs bats and supes v. the unbreakable juggernaut2 begins

It's very Bi-Polar..

Users love good meltdowns, but there are also plenty of users who wanna see AOU break Deathly Hallows Part 2's opening day record as the biggest opening day ever. It's a constant feud and struggle.

Edited by Fancyarcher

lol ya I'm sure Disney will leave millions on the table for Star Wars so it feels "more traditional"

Yeah, because the millions of dollars coming from preview showings of Star Wars won't be made up for later on

(I don't think they won't have preview shows though)

So are we calling MOS' opening weekend 116 or 128, for June record purposes? Because I really always thought those Wal-Mart numbers were kind of bullshit.

post-41349-jonah-hill-oscars-cut-it-out-

• Like 5

blessings to my archer warrior. fancy im in car with my dad as i type this. yu loving that the war between av2 vs sw7 vs bats and supes v. the unbreakable juggernaut2 begins

I'm more interested in seeing the movie themselves, but yeah. It's fun to think about what the box office numbers will be for the really huge blockbusters, especially The Force Awakens.

Edited by Fancyarcher

You are writing like 1 page for all 1.5 I read in that time! :D Crazy people.

Anyway - what happened with Puerto Rico and Teansformers? I can understand that they want to count PR BO for TF4, because it was so near 100mln OW, but Transformers 2?

They do, but Disney allowed the buzz to get out about a record-shattering opening, anywhere from 215-230. Doesn't really matter if rival studios or Disney whispered those tracking numbers to Variety... if it's the rival studios, then Disney let themselves get outplayed a bit.

There's not much you can do though. I remember when TDK came out, WB was telling Nikki they expected low 100's. Every other studio in town was telling her it had a chance to break the record. She reported both sides of it in the lead-up to the movie's release.