Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

iam pretty sure the books were amazing, otherwise they would have never become such a phenomenon. but as someone who only saw the movies and had a build up of 7 movies for the fight between voldemort and harry, the final fight was really disappointing..

felt like mayweather vs pacman..

• Like 1

This is a bad post. SM1 played on 7,500 screens compared to probably 15,000 for TA2. It didn't have IMAX, 3D, or 13 years of inflation. I think admissions are the only real way to know just how much of a cultural zeitgeist occurred on each of these weekends.

Hollywood uses inflation and other gimmicks to keep bragging about new records in the domestic market and yet pretty much every other country in the world requires admissions to be reported.

Hear hear!

Unfortunately, it's another marketing technique for their business. If it broke a "record", people would think "wow, it is a good movie, we must go see it".

I would love to have data of tickets sold for each movies. Actual tickets sold. Let's see who is the real king of the box office.

• Like 1

but as someone who only saw the movies and had a build up of 7 movies for the fight between voldemort and harry, the final fight was really disappointing..

felt like mayweather vs pacman..

In the book the final fight lasts 3 seconds.

I don't really remember most of the films but here are what I think I would give them if I could remember them:

PS: B

CoS: D

PoA: B+

GoF: D

OoP: D+

HBP: B

DH1: B+

DH2: D-

are you serious?

LOL

Yes. The whole POINT is that Harry doesn't try and fight, he sacrifices himself to save his friends. Did Jesus have an epic showdown with the Romans before he sacrificed himself?

Edited by tree - we're home

are you serious?

LOL

Yes. Harry spends five minutes explaining to Voldemort why his people are all getting their butts kicked and why he's once again impervious to Voldemort's magic. He then dares Voldemort to give up and live and accept he is wrong rather than die trying to kill Harry. Voldemort calls the bluff and his killing curse rebounds and kills him instantly.

• Like 1

Heck, I heard that celebrities attending the Kentucky Derby had jets on standby ready to leave once the race was over, to take them to the fight.

Yep Tom Brady was at the Derby in the Afternoon and Fight by the evening.  Also I know not all sports fans watch the Draft all four days or even the Derby.  It's not about looking at each event individually.  It's about looking at them all Together and you see people Entertainment options were spread pretty thin over the weekend.   Look, Americans love their sports.  We are obsessed in this country.  Hopefully this will help Ultron legs though I already feel it may show some signs of frontloadedness.  As for the Derby a lot of people here in New York bet on it even though I personally don't care to watch it.  I'm just not into horse racing.  I guess I should give "Seabiscut" a chance, heard it was a good movie, lol. 

Edited by filmscholar

Yep Tom Brady was at the Derby in the Afternoon and Fight by the evening.  Also I know not all sports fans watch the Draft all four days or even the Derby.  It's not about looking at each event individually.  It's about looking at them all Together and you see people Entertainment options were spread pretty thin over the weekend.   Look, Americans love their sports.  We are obsessed in this country.  Hopefully this will help Ultron legs though I already feel it may show some signs of frontloadedness. 

You're right. It was a major day for sports. There was sports all day and night.

Yes. The whole POINT is that Harry doesn't try and fight, he sacrifices himself to save his friends. Did Jesus have an epic showdown with the Romans before he sacrificed himself?

Oh FFS!, better ignore my last post. :rolleyes:

Philosopher's Stone is kind of rubbish but it has a certain charm to it that I quite like. Seeing on film the characters and world that my parents had read to me in the books, was kind of magical.

Oh FFS!, better ignore my last post. :rolleyes:

It's been 8 years, I think it's safe to say spoilers. Bad luck!

Edited by tree - we're home

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.