Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

rightly so looking at 150% increase over Sat and I thought theatres that jumped 30,50,60% over was impressive

Now we know where all of the fight parties were.  Better than GPS. They must have made dust on sat. :lol: Thanks for looking at those theaters.

Edited by Ecstasy

I think Rth is purposefully being vague because he knows how much jinxing he has done this weekend.

No he's just being cautious until he gets all of the data this time. 

• Like 1

Off topic, but why Blankment stopped liking every post?

Aren't likes per day limited now?

Might be one of the most impressive Sundays of all time.

Probably better than TDK's seasonally adjusted.

Yeah, this could be the largest Sunday share of Fri-Sun for a >150M opener.

• Like 1

Off topic, but why Blankment stopped liking every post?

It's depressing not logging in every day and seeing 20 notifications, I miss those likes. But likes are extremely limited now.

I just wanted to see Sunday recover what was lost from yesterday.  Looks like it did for the most part.  Thanks  rth. 

Happy Birthday Sam!

Looks like 7-9M higher for Sunday largely thanks to WC. Weekend potentially looking at 194-196M.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm assuming 187 until numbers are confirmed.   This weekend is crazy.

next time you say a movie doesn't "deserve" to gross x amount of money just remember #MayweatherPacquiao made $300-400m

Ha!   Perfect response.   Sig-worthy.

It was never going to be an exciting fight. That's pretty much how all of mayweather's fights go. He's afraid to get hit so he just out-points the other dude

I don't watch boxing...but isn't that good strategy?    Isn't that what boxing fans like?   ...Or is it just the hitting?   ;)

I ask that because I used to watch NASCAR and people would claim NASCAR fans only watched for the wrecks...that's not true at all.

Wonder how much the other movies recovered today, there is a chance something like Furious 7 could possible have exceeded the Saturday take completely since the numbers we are working with are much smaller there.

I just wanted to see Sunday recover what was lost from yesterday.  Looks like it did for the most part.  Thanks  rth. 

Happy Birthday Sam!

A bit late :P But still, thank you :D

So.... why didn't those AoU viewers that went on Sunday not go on Friday? :P

There were a lot of sell-outs on Friday weren't there? A lot of thsese were probably the people who got turned away, who couldn't watch the later shows that opened up later that night.

Also possibly a pick-me-up effect from all the depressed people who saw the fight and now wanted some actual entertainment :lol:

Aren't likes per day limited now?

Yeah, this could be the largest Sunday share of Fri-Sun for a >150M opener.

TDK - 31.2%

TDKR - 30.9%

TA - 30.3%

DH2 - 28.4%

SM3 - 28.3%

IM3 - 27.1%

THG - 26.3%

CF - 26.0%

AOU with 187.7/46M Sunday is at 28.7%.  If it jumps to a 53M Sunday and 194.7M weekend, it's Sunday share of Fri-Sun gross (weekend minus previews), would be 31.7%.

• Like 1

Wondering which movie could make a 100M OD. AoU had everything lined up perfectly for it, no competition, a dead marketplace, amazing goodwill from the first movie, a record number of showtimes which meant that anyone who wanted to watch it could watch it, IMAX, 3D, as many screens as it needed and good though not great reviews. Will be some time before we see a perfect storm of conditions plus movie needed to reach that 100M OD.

Wondering which movie could make a 100M OD. AoU had everything lined up perfectly for it, no competition, a dead marketplace, amazing goodwill from the first movie, a record number of showtimes which meant that anyone who wanted to watch it could watch it, IMAX, 3D, as many screens as it needed and good though not great reviews. Will be some time before we see a perfect storm of conditions plus movie needed to reach that 100M OD.

But it also opened when schools were in session. I think a July release is needed for 100m opening day

TDK - 31.2%

TDKR - 30.9%

TA - 30.3%

DH2 - 28.4%

SM3 - 28.3%

IM3 - 27.1%

THG - 26.3%

CF - 26.0%

AOU with 187.7/46M Sunday is at 28.7%.  If it jumps to a 53M Sunday and 194.7M weekend, it's Sunday share of Fri-Sun gross (weekend minus previews), would be 31.7%.

The TDK and TA numbers just look more and more impressive with every single statistic. Those movies were something else altogether.

• Like 4

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm assuming 187 until numbers are confirmed.   This weekend is crazy.

Ha!   Perfect response.   Sig-worthy.

I don't watch boxing...but isn't that good strategy?    Isn't that what boxing fans like?   ...Or is it just the hitting?   ;)

I ask that because I used to watch NASCAR and people would claim NASCAR fans only watched for the wrecks...that's not true at all.

But you have to remember that a big chunk of last night's fight aren't boxing fans