Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Do i really live in a world where 84.5 mill OD is bad???

We hoped for more yes. But its great. And when tomorrow hits mid to high 60's everything is great again :)

You make that sound like its a guaranteed thing. Who knows. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ

This thread has been a tremendously entertaining dumpster fire.

Also, I'm surprised Avengers couldn't hit 88-90 with that preview number.

So are most of us, the day business while good historically appears to be on the light side from expectations. Today will be a lot tougher than TA1 Saturday as well. So much going on TA1 didn't have to deal with.

Hahahahahahjahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahahhaha

Alright. I let that out. Relax guys. Perhaps it can hold well or increase today vs NBA Playoffs Game 7, Kentucky Derby, May vs Pacman.

:P

• Like 3

Guys, don t talk to me about franchise fatigue for a film that s gonna do 500m dom and 1,5B WW, it s ridiculous.

The first Avengers totally overperformed, what s so hard to understand really ?

It s a Spiderman, Spiderman 2 situation all over again.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Problem is the previews make up a much bigger percentage of this movie's opening day than any other movie on that list.

True. That's why I think it won't make $217M but it can still make around $210M imo. But anything above $200M is still massive.

And it was always expected to by literally every analyst & poster on here, the fact you have to bring that up shows how right I am lol

I can FEEL your anger Disney, the tears taste so so good.

You brought it up. You are the one that called TA and IM3 outliers. You are the one that said this movie is proof that franchise fatigue is setting in. I am responding to your ridiculous claims by saying this movie will gross more than IM3. This in no way shows franchise fatigue, even by using your own arbitrary standards.

Responding to your points does not mean I brought them up. You did. Take some responsibility for your own words.

Projections for Age Of Ultron based on Marvel films or big April/May openers => Defo >$200M. Could break OW record.

0VsY8lL.jpg

Very, very bad list.

AoU was far more frontloaded than IM3 and TA.

200m is the best it can hope for. 190m is where it will likely land.

Could Katniss and friends now do what Tony Stark couldn't? I think there's a reason they're going for 3D here.

OD record?! It will have massive drops over the weekend and the following weeks if that happens.

Guys, don t talk to me bout franchise fatigue for a film that s gonna do 500m dom and 1,5B WW, it s ridiculous.

It s a Spiderman, Spiderman 2 all over again.

When you have 10 more movies in the universe by the end of the decade, there is no ? fatigue is going to set in. The ? is whether it's potentially starting right now on the eve of phase 3.

Guys, don t talk to me bout franchise fatigue for a film that s gonna do 500m dom and 1,5B WW, it s ridiculous.

It s a Spiderman, Spiderman 2 situation all over again.

No one was talking like this before we got numbers, quite the opposite actually.

I'm a huge Potter fan and a record is a record but...what's so great about frontloading? A big OD record that can't even manage the OW record just means you were preaching to the choir. A big choir, and in a way, it might mean it's so beloved that people will pass it on to their kids, but let that happen first before declaring something the greatest cultural phenomenon of our times.

Can't say that an $84.5M opening day is a disappointment or even underwhelming, really. Whelming, perhaps?

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 4

It s a Spiderman, Spiderman 2 all over again.

$500m dom is not locked. That's over 2.5x no matter where the estimates land, and I don't see this having significantly better legs than IM3

You brought it up. You are the one that called TA and IM3 outliers. You are the one that said this movie is proof that franchise fatigue is setting in. I am responding to your ridiculous claims by saying this movie will gross more than IM3. This in no way shows franchise fatigue, even by using your own arbitrary standards.

Responding to your points does not mean I brought them up. You did. Take some responsibility for your own words.

Cool story bro, rth I should never question too right?