Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

On the bright side, the Audience Score on RT is 90%. 

Ugh I keep seeing ads on this site for the PEOPLE Magazine cover of Kum Kumdashian's dad who threw on a wig and a dress and is faking wanting to be a woman for attention. 

Edited by Boogie Nights

It's not bad. It's just incredibly underwhelming for a film that comes after a 600m+ grosser that was pegged to break the OD and OW record. Yet it's failed to top even 60m for daytime Friday business.

I still think its a sat/sun movie..

Most OS markets topd us that last weekend..

I would not be surprised if it hits 70 mill tomorrow

I only predicted 500m for this. But after all the pre-sales reports and most of the tracking including studio calling for OW record, I thought it will break OW record and then crash hard to 500m. I still believe this will have worse legs than IM3 but this movie has thrown more than one curveball so far.

I think its friday played exactly opposite of 1st one. I think most extrapolation overestimated it because they underestimated the last one.

On the bright side, the Audience Score on RT is 90%. 

Ugh I keep seeing ads on this site for that the PEOPLE Magazine cover of Kum Kumdashian's dad who threw on a wig and a dress and is faking wanting to be a woman for attention.

..Which means this movie is massively underrated.

$200 million OW 

$550 million DOM total (reasonable since the first got a 3x. A 2.75x is achieveable... especially since Mad Max and Tomorrowland are about as strong as Battleship/MIB 3 combined)

$1.25 billion OS total

$1.8 billion WW total

I think Marvel/Disney will be satisfied regardless of the DOM decline  :)

QUESTION:  Do you guys take Forbes' Scott Mendelson's box-office thoughts and extrapolations seriously or is he a Nikki Finke type?  I'm just reading an article he just published about his thoughts on AOU's Friday numbers.

I don't think he is a particularly valuable source.

The SM2 effect.

But SM2 opened in the middle of the week.  It would likely have broken the OW record had it opened on a Friday and it still made ~93% of the original's gross.

• Like 1

No chance at 200m$.

Thursday : 27.6m$

Friday : 56.9m$

Saturday : 60m$

Sunday : 45m$

OWE : 189.5m$

China had a higher OD than USA+Canada for FF7.

Could Avangers2 also have a higher maximum dayscore in China, because $60m look doable for them?

It's hilarious to look at people's prediction in the AoU > DH2 OD club :rofl: :

Cap's Kooky Quartet

Snoopy of Suburbia: 110M (115M)

Warmaster506: 110M

mahnamahna: 110M
Sythus: 101M (108M)

Neo: 106M

Empire: 105M

Alucard: 101M

Ithil: 101M

JohnnyGossamer: 101M

druv10: 98M

Ray G: 98M

Infernus: 96M

Deathlife:95M

FZY: 95M

A District 3 Engineer: 95M

Blankments: 95M

Gokai Red: 92M

Johnny Storm: 100.616M (92M)

Captain Jack Sparrow

Orestes

BKB

treeroy

Shaldun

acetabulum7

Cheesy Poofs

Clef Ment

Brilliant Dynamite Neon

Ruthie

Talkie

Kalo

eXtacy

The Stingray

Seduh

Hufflepuff Badgers

Age of Robertron: 96M

Mango: 80M-85M

The Stingray

ChD

Ethan Hunt

James

Raphael Potter

Wormy

It's all about expectations, TA2 was always going to make a lot of $. The day business on Friday barely beating IM3 is not a great sign on legs.

Well it did beat IM3 and until now IM3 had the 2nd biggest OW of all time right? So that makes 0 sense. If Friday came in less then I would agree with you somewhat. But those Thursday previews were a lot bigger than both TA1 and IM3 with a much smaller 3d share.  I think the problem with expectations is that TA set an incredibly high bar. $200m in one weekend is no easy feat.

Exactly.

Once you go so high, there s just one way but down.

Titanic 2 would have made less than the first one, lol

B-but Avatar... Not Titanic 2, exactly, but there were a lot of skeptics that Cameron could make the biggest movie ever, again.

With the Marvel movies doing so well I did think Avengers 2 would benefit and finish pretty close to the first one. Maybe it will pull a Catching Fire and surprise us with the multiplier.