Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

What'll be interesting is if the fight causes a bit of a slump in the Mexican box-office too. According to my wife, it was absolutely huge down there.

It was on free TV in Mexico. 2 channels were carrying it free OTA according to Deadline.

• Like 1

The question I am thinking about is whether people who just dropped 100$ on that fight will be willing to spend 20$ a pop on movie tickets tomorrow. Especially since there must be some major buyers remorse among a section of the audience.

Yeah, those folks will likely see the movie at some point but there is no guarantee they'll rush out tomorrow to do it. 

• Like 1

Oh well I still think TA3 could target the OW with an injection of some of their new heroes (Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther)

lol

What'll be interesting is if the fight causes a bit of a slump in the Mexican box-office too. According to my wife, it was absolutely huge down there.

Guess that explains why they sang the Mexican national anthem when the fight was in Vegas between two guys who aren't from Mexico. 

This is basically Spider-Man 3. It came up against Mayweather vs De La Hoya which was the last big fight event. SM3 also barely increased from "true" Friday numbers.

True, and if it manages a similar 22% drop that will probably indicate that there is a Fight Effect.

If we see a larger drop, though, it probably indicates something else.

The whispers of truth say the budget was waaaay higher than 250.

Wasn't a lot of it filmed in studios in England? So we'll get to see the public records in a few years? I wonder how much higher. PotC4 came in above 400m, right? I wouldn't be surprised if this is in the same range.

I think Mexico was one of 100 sponsors. Along with the Weinstein Company's Southpaw opening July 24 at a theater near you. There was so much promotion dropping even NASCAR guys were saying pull it back a little.

On the other hand Mayweather coming out with the Burger King guy was great

True, and if it manages a similar 22% drop that will probably indicate that there is a Fight Effect.

If we see a larger drop, though, it probably indicates something else.

Wasn't a lot of it filmed in studios in England? So we'll get to see the public records in a few years? I wonder how much higher. PotC4 came in above 400m, right? I wouldn't be surprised if this is in the same range.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

So theres been two annoyong ass debate questions plauguing the forum for the last month:

1. Will this hit $200M OW or not?

2. Sill the fight have an impact?

Glad both have finally been answered. I couldnt take another week.

• Like 2

BOM didn't even put up a weekend preview, or Friday numbers report. I guess they are transitioning into being a "numbers only" site?

They might as well. Lost their soul when they kicked us out

Between San Antonio and Los Angeles, that is two pretty big markets getting hit at the same time. Then there's the fight having a bigger effect across the country than many of us thought. Damn that thing was a fucking letdown too...fucking Mayweather and his dance routine. 

Yeah the Palladium SanA that was one of the highest grossing for fri looks like take over 60% drop today, a big number in general but still, SF taken big hit but LA is still looking 10% more of a drop than SF, bloody sport LOL

• Like 11