Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Great number. As usual, there's some calling it a disappointment when in all likelihood it's still gonna end up in the expected 210-220m range anyway. Funny how such a big number doesn't feel that exciting anymore.

it's still an exciting number, just not for this franchise. These numbers for any other movie and this would be a madhouse.

I think everyone here is waiting for Jurassic World opening weekend; Jay is going to be crazy entertaining in that thread 

Pitch Perfect 2 making Mad Max is lil bitch should be fun for a few meltdowns  :ph34r:

• Like 2

Great number. As usual, there's some calling it a disappointment when in all likelihood it's still gonna end up in the expected 210-220m range anyway. Funny how such a big number doesn't feel that exciting anymore.

I'm not really one of those who thinks big numbers are inherently exciting. 'Sequel might open a bit higher than it's predecessor' isn't really a woah moment.

• Like 3

He is just doing the math. He doesn't think it will break $300m OW either.

That's not an excuse. It's a ridiculously stupid article that Forbes should be ashamed of. Piss-poor journalism. And the fact that the author implies that DH2, TDKR, NM-BD2 had Thursday previews is beyond insane.

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 2

There were numbers like 30-35 being thrown around here so yeah maybe some would be let down...just a little.  But for a Marvel movie, it's a great number.

• Like 1

it's still an exciting number, just not for this franchise. These numbers for any other movie and this would be a madhouse.

Yeah. Openings with a big range of possibilities will always be more exciting.

It's the "I need to sleep, but I don't fucking care"-Midnight-Excitement-Factor that's missing.

I just can repeat myself on this one.

Aurora is in the past now, it's time for studios to go back to making a preview something special and an experience.