Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

We have no idea how the weekend will play out. Maybe 76M Friday, 80M Saturday and 71M Sunday. Would be 254M OW.

That has a 8-12% chance of happening. I'd love to see $250-255 million, but that would require an insane multiplier for that to happen... and $254 million would 

Especially Sunday... no way it does more than $65 million on Sunday. 

$105 million (Friday with previews)

$75 million 

$60 million 

$240 million

That's probably the most likely bullish result. $210-230 million is the more likely range. Either way, this is on its way to $550-600 million DOM and double that overseas so overall a victory for Marvel  :)

• Like 1

First class is almost a textbook example of an otherwise bad movie saved by its lead's performances.

Bullshit.  FC is a fantastic movie.  

• Like 8

First class is almost a textbook example of an otherwise bad movie saved by its lead's performances.

No, it's not. It wouldn't be a really good movie without the two actors, yes, but it would still be a very enjoyable one. FC had many qualities other than Fassbender and McAvoy, there's no way you can ignore that. 

• Like 1

It doesn't make much sense to have X-Men in the MCU at all. 

I would like to see the F4 there someday, tho.

X-Men always made the least sense as a part of the big Marvel universe.

Society is okay with superheroes in general but hates only the X-Men cuz they're mutants  :lol:

• Like 2

That has a 8-12% chance of happening. I'd love to see $250-255 million, but that would require an insane multiplier for that to happen... and $254 million would 

$75 million 

$60 million 

$240 million

That's probably the most likely bullish result. $210-230 million is the more likely range. Either way, this is on its way to $550-600 million DOM and double that overseas so overall a victory for Marvel  :)

^ This

I said $530 million and stand by that (I predict steeper drops).

I think X-Men works better outside of the MCU.

I don't really agree with that, but that has been something that I have heard multiple people say. Yet, that whole concept is going to fall apart as soon as Fox does the inevitable X-Men/Fantastic Four cross-over. The Fantastic Four are one of the properties that fits perfectly into the MCU. If the Fantastic Four can be crossed-over with the X-Men, then the whole MCU can be crossed over with the X-Men, and the argument that the X-Men should be separate falls apart.

It doesn't make much sense to have X-Men in the MCU at all.

I would like to see the F4 there someday, tho.

If Marvel had FF4. Than there would be no GOTG. Maybe Marvel will make a Sub-Mariner, or Moon Knight film for phase 4. Speaking of which what characters can marvel add for phase 4? Or they just going to do sequels (Ant-Man 2, Captain Marvel 2, ihumans 2, Dr. strange 2, Black Panther 2 and GotG 3. Edited by Snoopy of Suburbia
  • Like 1

X-Men always made the least sense as a part of the big Marvel universe.

Society is okay with superheroes in general but hates only the X-Men cuz they're mutants  :lol:

Yeah, it makes 0 sense, so I guess X-Men can stay with FOX. They have done a pretty good job with it anyway, IMO.

We are bound to get a F4/X-Men movie eventually. The inter-dimensional time travel fuckery in the new F4 is exactly to set that up.

• Like 1

Okay so in terms of superhero sequels, I would say this is my 5th favourite (with the rule of 1 sequel per franchise, and sub franchises in the MCU count as separate)

1. Spider-Man 2

2. The Dark Knight

3. X2

4. Winter Soldier

5. Age of Ultron

$75 million 

$60 million 

$240 million

8-12% and no way it does more than.. Come on you don't know this.

I don't really agree with that, but that has been something that I have heard multiple people say. Yet, that whole concept is going to fall apart as soon as Fox does the inevitable X-Men/Fantastic Four cross-over. The Fantastic Four are one of the properties that fits perfectly into the MCU. If the Fantastic Four can be crossed-over with the X-Men, then the whole MCU can be crossed over with the X-Men, and the argument that the X-Men should be separate falls apart.

I think X-Men should stay sperate. I don't know anything about Inhumans but is the government there villain like in X-Men how the government doesn't trust mutants. Because if Marvel got the x-Men rights all the sudden started talking about the mutant problem it would seem really strange.

That's not an excuse. It's a ridiculously stupid article that Forbes should be ashamed of. Piss-poor journalism. And the fact that the author implies that DH2, TDKR, NM-BD2 had Thursday previews is beyond insane.

Shit...   All I will say is that despite these 7 PM Thursday previews, opening weekends are compared to all opening weekends regardless of them starting at midnight or whenever. So the comparison is relevant albeit not a good direct comparison (but you can argue comparing moves now to 10 years ago isn't either, it is just the nature of the box office conversation). I think the article is really good since it shows the whole range of numbers based on precedent and then he predicts a pretty reasonable number. But I do see your point despite its lack of eloquence.