Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

From what I know of the Inhumans (and I am by no means an expert on them), they are on their own planet. I do know that the government isn't their enemy. They're really not like the X-Men at all.

Edit: I looked them up in my Marvel encyclopedia. They had their own Island in the North Atlantic called Attilan. They eventually moved to the blue area of the moon. Their enemy in the comics (according to the Marvel encyclopedia) is Ronan The Accuser.

The main point still stands though that their enemy isn't the government.

That's why I think X-Men could not work well in the MCU unless you had them fight against The Avengers.

Awesome, turns out I don't have to work tonight so I get to see Avengers tonight. Hoping to save a couple bucks and hit a matinee around 4 or 5. Real question is- which of the 4, 4:30, 5, and 5:30 will be the least packed?

Advanced screening for the public -- WB is doing a fair amount of them.

Congrats Tele. I hope you enjoy Mad Max. It would obviously be shocking if you didn't.

Edited by Fancyarcher

this isn't beating the weekend record.  unless you've been living under a rock (i wish i could come up with a better cliche, but there really isn't one), there's that little fight on Saturday night that's expected to sell between 3-4 million pay-per-view buys.  that's not 3-4 million households but more like 3-4 million block parties (at $100 a pop, who's going to watch the fight alone or just with immediate family members?).  that doesn't include all the sports bars and restaurants that are going to show the fight as well.  people are going to tune in at least for the main event which is probably around 8:30 pm pacific time. so that puts a hurt on the 6:00-9:00 pm showings (or later times depending on time zone).

It's not like the people watching the fight can see the movie at any other point during the weekend, right? No way they would simply see AoU at a time that doesn't conflict with the fight. That's asking too much.

They do it for all movies. All studios do it for all movies actually (apart from the 'not screened for critics' movies).

Oh i know they do, i just mean with how far away the official release is. If the film was terrible, it would spread like wild fire in todays social media obsessed world.

It would screw up that BSG question for a lot of people... :ph34r:

Confirmed that I cannot make the Mad Max screening. Doing what will be a 3 hour roundtrip to stand in line for 2 hours and then watch a 2 hour movie is not something I want to do on a holiday Friday.

It's not like the people watching the fight can see the movie at any other point during the weekend, right? No way they would simply see AoU at a time that doesn't conflict with the fight. That's asking too much.

its not really gonna affect its DOM run

OW another story?!

Confirmed that I cannot make the Mad Max screening. Doing what will be a 3 hour roundtrip to stand in line for 2 hours and then watch a 2 hour movie is not something I want to do on a holiday Friday.

2 hour line? :unsure:

When should I get there? I was thinking an hour early...

Awesome, turns out I don't have to work tonight so I get to see Avengers tonight. Hoping to save a couple bucks and hit a matinee around 4 or 5. Real question is- which of the 4, 4:30, 5, and 5:30 will be the least packed?

Go to the 5:30, less kids should be there