Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Sellouts tonight:

LA Live - 7pm

Citywalk IMAX - 8pm

Alhambra Renaissance 14 - 9:30pm

Del Amo 18 IMAX - 8pm (holy shit, a sellout listed by AMC without clicking through?!)

Brea East 12 - 7:50pm

Simi Valley Stadium 16 - 4:15pm

Anaheim Hills 14 - 3pm, 6:30pm, 10:30pm

Thousand Oaks 14 - 7:30pm

Tustin 15 - 2pm (holy shit, another listed sellout by AMC... has the tide turned?)

Market Place 10 - 12pm

Irvine Spectrum 21 - 8pm (IMAX), 7:15pm

Cinemark 22 IMAX - 7:30pm

• Like 1

It was one of those promotional things they do via Twitter. General public.

Oof.  If it were me, I'd go at least 3 hours early.  

I discovered in San Antonio while attending the early screening for Fast and Furious 6, there are people that only go to these.  They were standing in line looking at lists of free shows to go to.  They don't care what it is, as long as it's free.  They planned to go see Epic for the love of God!  

Oof.  If it were me, I'd go at least 3 hours early.  

I discovered in San Antonio while attending the early screening for Fast and Furious 6, there are people that only go to these.  They were standing in line looking at lists of free shows to go to.  They don't care what it is, as long as it's free.  They planned to go see Epic for the love of God!  

No chance in hell I can do three hours early. I might be able to do 90 minutes.

It's not like the people watching the fight can see the movie at any other point during the weekend, right? No way they would simply see AoU at a time that doesn't conflict with the fight. That's asking too much.

i would think that 6:00 to 9:00 (west coast) showtimes are the peak viewing times.  for AOU to break the record it would need to do well over 60 million on Saturday (generally the busiest day of the weekend).  the question remains is: are there enough non-boxing fans as well as family and friends of people that don't care about boxing (as there will be legion of viewing parties) to sell out or nearly sell out the 6:00 - 9:00 showtimes which i'm assuming will be necessary to get to the 60+ million total.  

Spiderman 3 did well on the Saturday of Mayweather vs De La Hoya, but at 51 million it was far from saturated (there was still plenty of room for growth) and that fight wasn't as big as this one.  i don't think that it would be unreasonable to expect a $15 million drop from the fight.  or a better prediction would be that Friday and maybe even Sunday will have higher ticket sales than Saturday. actually that is very probably as people will likely plan to see the movie around the fight, but empty seats are still empty seats.  AOU will still do very well, but the record is probably out of reach.

• Like 1

No chance in hell I can do three hours early. I might be able to do 90 minutes.

If you are going alone, you may still get a good seat. More than one person 90 minutes in advance equals sitting in the front row,

If you are going alone, you may still get a good seat. More than one person 90 minutes in advance equals sitting in the front row,

It's just me. I think I have a decent chance at a decent seat.

Front row, I'm not sure my eyeballs could recover from the Mad Doctor's insanity.

The rule with those screenings is simple - if you leave really early, the line won't be bad and everyone will get in, even those who show up late. If you wait til the last minute to head out, the line will be enormous and you won't get in

• Like 4

I dunno, I don't track these things. If you search "Mad Max" on twitter occasionally you'll see showings pop up. There were some in Houston yesterday, I think.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

• Like 3

The rule with those screenings is simple - if you leave really early, the line won't be bad and everyone will get in, even those who show up late. If you wait til the last minute to head out, the line will be enormous and you won't get in

If I go an hour early I usually only get a seat near the front.