Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Yeah, I've never understood how you can even attempt to extrapolate this early. Had to run home during lunch to pay rent. My apartment is right by the movie theater so I got a good look at the parking lot and it was mostly empty. Tonight it will be packed.

I'm guessing they are modeling based on Avengers and IM3. Would only make sense rather than looking at unrelated movies and how they behave. We will know in a few hours with initial estimates and then in 10 hours time when some site decides to update.

• Like 1

Weren't the Furious 7 early numbers more than a little under what it's actual Friday came in at as well? I could be mistaken...

Yes, I'm guessing they modeled performance there based on Fast 6 which actually dropped from earlier estimates due to lower night shows. It just happened that night shows and for that matter the whole weekend during Furious 7 was super strong.

So 85-89M? Great number. Didn't the first opened with 80M?

But Thursday shows already increased 9M from TA, so 85M would mean a lower Friday business.

CJohn, time for your flopping label.

"My father always said the early bird gets the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese." - Aldrich Killin' It

1024px-AldrichKillianBreathesFire1-IM3.p

I love Iron Man 3 but I hate that role and his performance. That's a villain I didn't want to watch. Trevor ftw

• Like 4