Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Even Gitesh himself noted that it's 'super early'. So basically, guy just wanted to be the first to throw out some numbers.

I love Iron Man 3 but I hate that role and his performance. That's a villain I didn't want to watch. Trevor ftw

Oh, come on now, gotta love the Guy. The only instance with him that irked me was him surviving Stark self-destructing his last suit on him and proclaiming himself "the real Mandarin."

Keeps you free for your 2am adventures.

Speaking of 2 AM, I checked and the fight starts at 2 AM but I don't have the cable channel that will transmit it over here :(

85 would actually be kinda bad, it would mean a Friday well below TA1.

That being said, I think it's still targeting low-90s at this point.

Isn't it pretty impossible for it to match the Friday-only gross of Avengers?

Edited by CJohn

Looks like an opening weekend just below TA1's.

Hey, I'm happy. That means my BSG predicts are already lining up.

I don't think there was a question about whether it will do more or less than TA1's opening weekend, unless I am forgetting something?

F7 on OD was hinted at 140M OW by Variety and went up 7M with actuals.

Also was pegged at 58M-60M OD.

Looking at AOU we can assume the actual OD (using 89M est) will be 71M non-previews for an OD of 98M+

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/furious-7-soaring-to-125-million-opening-weekend-in-u-s-1201466113/

We absolutely can't assume a 7m underestimate. You're using estimates from another source, from another franchise, on a different weekend. We can't even assume a 7m underestimate based on Disney's estimates for TA1. Each run is its own, unique thing. If anything, we have to assume that Disney is now a bit better at tracking one of their own mega-openers.

• Like 3

Oh, come on now, gotta love the Guy. The only instance with him that irked me was him surviving Stark self-destructing his last suit on him and proclaiming himself "the real Mandarin."

I love Guy, but I mostly hated everything about him and his character in IM3.

• Like 1