Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

85-89? IF that holds I'll laugh my ass off. After all the shitty comments that this is locked to obliterate DH2s OD blah blah blah, that is just plain bad. It would also be very frontloaded compared to all Marvel previous movies. And it would mean nothing will take the OD record for a VERY LONG time.

• Like 1

If these are the expectations imagine how the expectations will be

What?

I would take the early Friday predictions with a huge grain of salt. The final predictions could come in as being higher or lower then what was just projected.

Best comment in the thread by far.  :P

The word 'lock' reminds me of that one old thread I skimmed through when I first joined. The definition, philosophy, origins, importance....all that jazz, of the word 'lock' were throughoutly dissected. It was a painfully hilarious experience.

• Like 2

If AoU does less than $100m, then it's absolutely guaranteed the 5 extra hours of previews allowed it to top DH2.

29 hours vs 24 hours is not being accurate. At all.

• Like 1

I'm only telling you this because I want you all to know that even if AoU tops DH2, it'll be because of an extra five hours. 

It's like giving the fat kid a medal because he finished a race. 

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 1

i rewatched avengers 1 last night and it is still sooo overrated. like it's very fun but nothing amazing. i did get chills during the spin shot though i guess.

it's highly probable i end up thinking aou is better, if there's still any surprises left not shown in trailers.

cap 2 tonight, aou tomorrow

If AoU does less than $100m, then it's absolutely guaranteed the 5 extra hours of previews allowed it to top DH2.

I agree but thats the way it is now. As long as people don't start gloating and saying its done better than 'X' film that came out years ago, then its fine with me.

OK. Just came home from a 2 day Ultimate Marvel Movie Marathon up in Orlando. While I had a blast, being surrounded by other Marvel/CBM fans, I guess watching all of these movies back to back on the big screen, being able to immediately compare each movie with eachother and as a whole, my party actually walked away from AOU very disappointed. That movie was a complete train wreck. The villain and how he came and his reasonings sucked, the plot line and the absence of certain other plotlines sucked, the continuity and flow of the movie sucked, the acting felt forced for most of it, and not natural like the other MCU, the overall story and editing was very inconsistent, or incoherent, take your pick. No standout moments for me, no wow factor for me (and don't tell me it's because the newness wore off, because TWS had the elevator scene and GOTG had a gun toting raccoon, so enough said) A certain death felt wasted and just stuck in there for the sake of a death. The obnoxious love crap was totally pointless, wasted and sucked. This is truly one of the worst movies I have seen in this genre, and definitely the worst out of the MCU. Thank goodness I have Civil War and Daredevil to look forward to.

Who is to blame for this mess now, Joss Whedon or Kevin Feige?

• Like 4

I'm only telling you this because I want you all to know that even if AoU tops DH2, it'll be because of an extra five hours. 

Kinda like how DH2 only set the weekend record because of ticket price inflation, huh? By the way, be happy DH2 held on to the preview record. I'm glad that hasn't been broken by one of these 7 PM Thursday movies.

• Like 2

0610-why-we-cry-1154.jpg

• Like 5

Kinda like how DH2 only set the weekend record because of ticket price inflation, huh? By the way, be happy DH2 held on to the preview record. I'm glad that hasn't been broken by one of these 7 PM Thursday movies.

I think, if it gets enough theaters and a big push, Star Wars 7 may have a shot at that record.

• Like 1

I believe TA1 and IM3 were both underestimated initially, so we'll see how it goes from here.

Which led to Thor2 and Cap2 being overestimated. So yeah, we'll see

Imagine if it also keeps the OD record even with the 7pm Thursday thing :lol:

6cf4be9f817ef602bf9de5c4c12f51e6.jpg

• Like 3