Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I think, if it gets enough theaters and a big push, Star Wars 7 may have a shot at that record.

I'm sure it will. But it will feel hollow, especially knowing that Star Wars has the fanbase to potentially break that record with a true midnight release. No 7 PM cheating necessary, but that will only make it easier.

I agree but thats the way it is now. As long as people don't start gloating and saying its done better than 'X' film that came out years ago, then its fine with me.

Years ago = 5+

• Like 1

Which led to Thor2 and Cap2 being overestimated. So yeah, we'll see

The Cap 2 weekends were weird. I think it was overestimated based on afternoon shows both on the first and second weekends, especially coming off a pretty big preview number.

If AoU does less than $100m, then it's absolutely guaranteed the 5 extra hours of previews allowed it to top DH2.

29 hours vs 24 hours is not being accurate. At all.

It's not like Potter could have done more than "only" 47m on Friday in the middle of summer...

This has nothing to to with 5 hours more or less, just different priorities how soon people wanted to see the movie.

Potters midnights will be a record for a little eternity, but we all knew, that the day would come, the complete day gets caught.

And to be honest, if AOU had midnights like Potter and if Aurora never happened, it probably would have done more than 27m in midnights alone...

Edited by Poseidon

It's not like Potter could have done more than "only" 47m on Friday in the middle of summer...

This has nothing to to with 5 hours more or less, just different priorities how soon people wanted to see the movie.

Potters midnights will be a record for a little eternity, but we all knew, that the day would come, the complete day gets caught.

And to be honest, if AOU had midnights like Potter and if Aurora never happened, it probably would have done more than 27m in midnights alone...

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

why the fuck would it do more later and with less time

• Like 1

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:

OK. Just came home from a 2 day Ultimate Marvel Movie Marathon up in Orlando. While I had a blast, being surrounded by other Marvel/CBM fans, I guess watching all of these movies back to back on the big screen, being able to immediately compare each movie with eachother and as a whole, my party actually walked away from AOU very disappointed. That movie was a complete train wreck. The villain and how he came and his reasonings sucked, the plot line and the absence of certain other plotlines sucked, the continuity and flow of the movie sucked, the acting felt forced for most of it, and not natural like the other MCU, the overall story and editing was very inconsistent, or incoherent, take your pick. No standout moments for me, no wow factor for me (and don't tell me it's because the newness wore off, because TWS had the elevator scene and GOTG had a gun toting raccoon, so enough said) A certain death felt wasted and just stuck in there for the sake of a death. The obnoxious love crap was totally pointless, wasted and sucked. This is truly one of the worst movies I have seen in this genre, and definitely the worst out of the MCU. Thank goodness I have Civil War and Daredevil to look forward to.

Who is to blame for this mess now, Joss Whedon or Kevin Feige?

Sp6ylLS.gif

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

• Like 1

why the fuck would it do more later and with less time

Because midnights were an advertised event back then, while previews are just...there nowadays.

Midnights were part of a movies hype.

I don't think it's coincidence, that 7 of 10 all time previews are still midnights only and the best proof for my theory is the fact, that Breaking Dawn 2 couldn't top Breaking Dawn 1, even though it had earlier shows and the final factor.

Edited by Poseidon