Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

To be fair, The number would of been almost nothing if Avengers only had midnights because its fanboys are all young children.

Joke guys, joke.

Actually, the really funny thing, the theater I was at had two types of marvel marathons going on. One was with all of the movies leading up the premier of AOU at 7:00 on Thursday, and the other was a double feature with the Avengers and AOU. Well, the theater manager was shocked, and was actually pointing out to everyone, that 70% of the people coming to these marathons were women! Fangirls! 

If this opens to like 209mil or 210mil, its pretty safe to assume Disney has fudged this.

that's what i'm worried about, the only way i'll know in my they didn't fudge it is if it's sub-200

• Like 1

OMG OMG It's time for the OD record and the OW record to go down in the same week, that would be GARGANTUAN :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

When is the last time this happened?

I do think I remember seeing a studio being as gusty enough to tweet out were expecting 200+ lol 

They know the egg on the face if they are wrong so this is making bank.

So it's egg on their face if their movie makes 197-202 vs 211-215? :lol:

I wish I had that problem in life. :lol:

All this madness right now, I need something to take the Edge off..

tumblr_m9ukp7MqeQ1qjbym9o1_500.gif

Remember last week, some people were afraid because it was trending near Iron Man 3 so they expected a decrease B)

Okay you didn't make an excuse there. lol BTW you did. Exceptions are used by people like "you" as excuses when they want something to fail. Did I say anything about every sequel having better legs? BTW I have AOU at a lower multi.

No, I was just backing up Tele's point that lower multipliers for sequels are the common rule, and that TWS was the exception . I don't want anything to fail. I love big box office. I'm not arguing with you today, it's like arguing with a Ron Paul supporter. There's no point. 

I want it to break the OW record, it's about dang time we get big numbers (well......other than fast 7)....

On the other hand, I want this to miss 200 just to see the meltdowns. :P

kelly baby!! helloobeautiful _(in joker voice) hah hah are yu loving this excitement. holy shit. the record single day wont hold tho. sws fans may break it
  • Like 1

From what I gather from Twitter, people haven't got trailers for Star Wars, BvS, Mad Max, Ant-Man, Inside Out or Tomorrowland. What trailers are theaters programming with Avengers 2?? If they don't want to play Star Wars or BvS I understand as the movies are far away still and will have their own huge marketing campaigns. But playing the Mad Max trailer or a Fantastic Four trailer or an Ant-Man trailer before Avengers would definitely lead to some additional interest in those movies from audiences on the fence. Instead, the trailers before Avengers seem to be the initial teasers instead of the later and better trailers for some of these.

Well, I got the Star Wars trailer, Jurassic World, Antman, and some really, really stupid looking thing called Pixel. A movie where Pacman and Donkey Kong are trying to take over the world.

kelly baby!! helloobeautiful _(in joker voice) hah hah are yu loving this excitement. holy shit. the record single day wont hold tho. sws fans may break it

Why hello Kal! :). A pleasure to have you on the finest of nights.

If they fudge I want a really funny fudge. Make the actual $1 above TA's OW

Or stealthily changing TA's numbers, adjusting it down. That could work.

• Like 1

Did anyone see it at a Cinemark? If so, what trailers were there?

I promise promise promise I won't bring up trailers in this thread after 6PM CST unless someone else brings it up

No, I was just backing up Tele's point that lower multipliers for sequels are the common rule, and that TWS was the exception . I don't want anything to fail. I love big box office. I'm not arguing with you today, it's like arguing with a Ron Paul supporter. There's no point. 

Okay, but exceptions are #4 in box office. Don't know why you like to drag these debates on for pages.