Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Random but slightly relevant fact: People at my showing went fucking NUTS for the Pixels trailer last night. Bigger than Jurassic World and Ant-Man combined. I have no agenda in saying that- I don't think I even had it doing 100m in the baumer summer game- but after last night, I think that they might have something bigger than I thought with that concept.

• Like 2

DH2 broke the OD and OW record in 2011. Not too long.

However Not sat and Sunday.

Spiderman 3 broke all 3.

TA broke Sat and Sunday but not Friday.

AOu will break Friday but Sat and Sunday are maybes. 

If they fudge I want a really funny fudge. Make the actual $1 above TA's OW

Until this day I curse Paramount for not making the actual weekend number of TF4 100,000,000$.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Okay, but exceptions are #4 in box office. Don't know why you like to drag these debates on for pages.

I major in political communication, man. I argue with people I disagree with for a living. 

• Like 1

I don't know where everyone is getting this number fudging bullshit??? So if the movie made 230M OW, it's now being labeled "fudging"??? :rofl: 

Well no, because that's a huge amount away. Fudging is usual within like 1-3M of some record or milestone, and a company ups it just to say they got there.

• Like 1

Box office.com Seeing 90+ million

Friday Update #2: Sources are reporting very preliminary numbers for Friday based on matinee business, while Disney itself has updated that they expect to top $200 million and are eyeing the weekend record. That's a fantastic sign coming from the most official source possible.

Based on these early reports, suggesting an opening day of $90 million or more (which could be a record if it tops the final Harry Potter's $91 million first day), BoxOffice is currently projecting an opening weekend around $220-225 million.

More updates as they come.

• Like 1

Actually, the really funny thing, the theater I was at had two types of marvel marathons going on. One was with all of the movies leading up the premier of AOU at 7:00 on Thursday, and the other was a double feature with the Avengers and AOU. Well, the theater manager was shocked, and was actually pointing out to everyone, that 70% of the people coming to these marathons were women! Fangirls! 

The amount of female Marvel fans that has exploded since the first film can not be denied. Marvel needs to capitalize on it and start pushing more female heroines. When I was waiting in the bar for the seating to begin for the film, I overheard a group of women talking about how excited they were about Avengers.

Did anyone see it at a Cinemark? If so, what trailers were there?

I promise promise promise I won't bring up trailers in this thread after 6PM CST unless someone else brings it up

I did I got BvS, JW, terminator, Tomorrowland, SW-3D, Antman-3D

Random but slightly relevant fact: People at my showing went fucking NUTS for the Pixels trailer last night. Bigger than Jurassic World and Ant-Man combined. I have no agenda in saying that- I don't think I even had it doing 100m in the baumer summer game- but after last night, I think that they might have something bigger than I thought with that concept.

I put 170, but I bet it'll go higher. People here wanna shit it on and lowball it because it's Sandler, but get real, this concept will sell itself, and the release date is prime. Seeing a giant Pac Man already makes it worth it.

• Like 1