Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I'd rather have the OD at this point.

Good God, you really wanna see Noctis set fire to this place with the whole EXTRA FIVE HOURS thing, don't you? :lol: 

My post was deleted?! Why?!

Is it me or has Noctis just been crazy since Furious Seven punched Potter in the face and took his lunch money.

Or is he always like that?

Why is everybody here so obsessed with me?

Give DH2 an extra 5 hours...then yes, it would have done at least $9m. But not THAT much more.

DH2 made 43.5 million at midnight

but made 48 million through the rest of the day.

If it was going to 100+ it had every opportunity to do so.

As we seen with TA and Fast six and others, Friday day business can support 50-60+ 

So stop with historical revisionism. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 4

Didn't someone already explain, that OLD Midnights and 7PM+ previews probably had equal amount of showtimes.

When TDKR was released at midnight, Empire 25 had at least 25 showtimes between 12-3am while TA2 last night had about 22 showtimes at the Regal across the street from 7PM-3AM.

• Like 3

Is it me or has Noctis just been crazy since Furious Seven punched Potter in the face and took his lunch money.

Or is he always like that?

what possible comparison is there between furious 7 and any harry potter movie

Good God, you really wanna see Noctis set fire to this place with the whole EXTRA FIVE HOURS thing, don't you? :lol:

It's gonna happen either way so might as well break the record in the process :D

Give DH2 an extra 5 hours...then yes, it would have done at least $9m. But not THAT much more.

Then explain, why it wasn't able to go close to capacity on Friday, if 5 hours would have changed so much in early shows...

Why didn't those 9 million missing come in at friday night instead?

• Like 3

Ed, the decrease in Friday day business as a % of overall Friday including Thursday previews from TA1 would support this viewpoint.

However previews have caused smaller declines on Saturday as  result.

Therefore, both viewpoints are possibile.

However look at this way with DH2 opening day a 2.25 weekend multiplier of CF would beat the record. 

• Like 1

Didn't someone already explain, that OLD Midnights and 7PM+ previews probably had equal amount of showtimes.

When TDKR was released at midnight, Empire 25 had at least 25 showtimes between 12-3am while TA2 last night had about 22 showtimes at the Regal across the street from 7PM-3AM.

Yes, the issue is that the earlier showtimes are still having to split screens with other movies. At midnight they can have all screens play one movie. That said, it is still harder to make that kind of money at midnight because a large chunk of the population will not stay up that late on a work night to do it. Hell even when I was college age and out of school during summer, I never went to a midnight show. I saw a lot of parents with little kids last night at 7:30.

5 hours is 300 minutes

AoU is the second Avengers movie

300 divided by 2 is 150

When AoU opens, 9 movies will have grossed 150m+ on OW

150 minus 9 is 141

AoU's runtime is 141 minutes according to BBFC

Coincidence? I think not.

• Like 9