Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I finally caught up to the end of the thread with no more pages to read. WTF. Where did everyone go? Are these numbers that boring?!

It's a testament to how huge MCU is now. It's ridiculous that an 85m+ OD was locked for this, but it pretty much was and we knew that. So probably not gonna be a lot of excitement or surprise unless it hits that 100 mark.

Sickening? Did you not like the film?

I think he means it is sickening that we are at a point where an opening day around $90m is "expected." It's an insane number and it's crazy how our expectations have changed so much in a relatively short period of time (compared to say 5 years ago).

• Like 1

There's a small chance it misses 200. But it's a fairly small chance at best.

what about hp7's record tele :-P ?. i think av may break the wizards back and sw7. put harry on further life support in 3rd pl. wow not too long ago a 60-80 m day was thought impossible lol

I think he means it is sickening that we are at a point where an opening day around $90m is "expected." It's an insane number and it's crazy how our expectations have changed so much in a relatively short period of time (compared to say 5 years ago).

However it silly as nothing as really come close at all since TA. 

Apart from Im3, the cloest opening weekend to TA (CF) was almost 50 million dollars less (epic ow from CF still) 

Edited by Lordmandeep

So do movies like this tend to increase on Saturday minus previews? I know I could just look it up but I'm lazy :rolleyes:

Both TA and IM3 did. Both May Summer Starters. TA's Sat increased 12% over Friday day, while IM3's did 17% over.

Is worst case imo 

No, not at all. You have estimates ranging from 85 and up. For a "worst case scenario", you have to take the worst of those (whether it's likely or not). Otherwise, it's not a "worst case scenario". :lol:

• Like 1

However it silly as nothing as really come close at all since TA. 

Apart from Im3, the cloest opening weekend to TA (CF) was almost 50 million dollars less (epic ow from CF still) 

CF likely would have opened similar to IM3, maybe even bigger, if it had 3D.

CF likely would have opened similar to IM3, maybe even bigger, if it had 3D.

True but still 30-35 million dollar difference and 2014 was barren in comparison.

Fast 7 was the most fun opening since CF. 

Also I will take a bet with anyone who think this will decline on Saturday from Non Friday previews. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

True but still 30-35 million dollar difference and 2014 was barren in comparison.

Fast 7 was the most fun opening since CF. 

30-35m difference? The difference was $15m. 

• Like 1

i really want james fans to be agressive as av2, and sws fans will be in dec guys. just wow av2 may hit 107-113m dollar day. omg bigger than sm1s first to reach 100 m in 3 days tally possibly. sm1 114m

Edited by Superman001