kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

Why are you always being rather stupid about MJ2? 

It was just the same when you predicted $295m for DH2. And then said the max it would do was $310m. Yes, I remember. 

Love you Ozy, but you're so ridiculous when it comes to predicting how MJ2 will do.

I dont see much Buzz around it, and its got competition from SPECTRE(which will no doubt be huge) and SW7 is gonna kill its late legs.  Also, The Martian opens 5 days after MJ2 and thats based on a book everyone seems to love, that could also be competition if Ridley Scott doesn't fuck it up.

I dont see much Buzz around it, and its got competition from SPECTRE(which will no doubt be huge) and SW7 is gonna kill its late legs.  Also, The Martian opens 5 days after MJ2 and thats based on a book everyone seems to love, that could also be competition if Ridley Scott doesn't fuck it up.

The Martian isn't nearly popular enough to be competition at this stage. Also, Scott's done. It ain't gonna be any good. 

I think Avengers could hold relatively fine in the weeks ahead. Sure, there are two big openers next week, but one is aimed directly at females and the other is rated R. Tomorrowland and San Andreas provide serious competition, but the prospects for the former seem to be becoming more questionable the closer we get to its release and the online signs for the latter are looking rather weak three weeks out. If it holds well enough that it gets close to $500M, Disney will push it there.

I think Avengers could hold relatively fine in the weeks ahead. Sure, there are two big openers next week, but one is aimed directly at females and the other is rated R. Tomorrowland and San Andreas provide serious competition, but the prospects for the former seem to be becoming more questionable the closer we get to its release and the online signs for the latter are looking rather weak three weeks out. If it holds well enough that it gets close to $500M, Disney will push it there.

San Andreas will be the big test. Tomorrowland will play to families who already saw AoU together. San Andreas could play for everyone; at least with people I know both guys and girls love disaster movies.

Vergara simply needs roles beyond just being "the crazy Latina". To be fair, Modern Family feels like it's based off of stereotypes all around, so that probably rubbed on on her.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 2

Vergara simply needs roles beyond just being "the crazy Latina". To be fair, Modern Family feels like it's based off of stereotypes all around, so that probably rubbed on on her.

This is true. She has been pretty much typecasted beyond repair at this point thanks to that show. I still enjoy her, though.

San Andreas will be the big test. Tomorrowland will play to families who already saw AoU together. San Andreas could play for everyone; at least with people I know both guys and girls love disaster movies.

I think San Andreas could surprise. The marketing's been on point with that song. 

• Like 1

How's Seattle doing? It doesn't feel like a movie that plays super well here, but I'm curious how it actually fits with general trends.

Yeah Seattle's one of the biggest markets it was up a lot on  fri over thu and its slighly over performing the norm

• Like 1