kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

FF7 streamlined $19.6M overseas this weekend, for a running total of $1.128B. Worldwide cume is $1.466B.
— Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice)
May 10, 2015

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seems like TA1 can live another day. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

So you think TA1 was more accessible to casual audiences? It also came off of multiple previous films.

I guess because it had an "origin of the team" vibe? I guess it did a better job at laying everything out? I had only seen CA1 before TA1, I had never actually SEEN the previous films. But I was still able to follow everything with TA1. (Though I knew a little about the characters already.)

It's interesting to contemplate, if TA2 had just been a standalone movie following off of TA1 and there had been nothing in between, how would it have done? (But at the same time, I can't imagine what such a movie would have been like...)

I do know of people who complain about the interconnectedness, who think they should have just tried to make good movies that stand on their own without tying into each other. That Iron Man 2 should have just been a sequel to Iron Man 1 with no Fury or Black Widow or anything else; and so on. This person praised Iron Man 3 for not trying to tie into everything, and for appearing to cap off a 3-film arc for Tony, and actually be a conclusion. (Of course, I bet he'd be pissed off at AOU seeming to undo all that.)

Edited by TServo2049

So you think TA1 was more accessible to casual audiences? It also came off of multiple previous films.

I guess because it had an "origin of the team" vibe? I guess it did a better job at laying everything out? I had only seen CA1 before TA1, I had never actually SEEN the previous films. But I was still able to follow everything with TA1. (Though I knew a little about the characters already.)

I think Mr.Pink was correctly pointing out to probable dilution of MCU movies as far as casual fans were concerned, since 4 movies from MCU was released b/w TA and TA2. It is a unique situation and hard to compare.

Not necessarily, but it would have been a very impressive milestone (top 3 all time WW).

Lol there is this film snob at work who think FF films are worst films ever. 

I been teasing him for weeks.

"Hey Fast 7 made a billion WW"

Hey fast 7 is 5th highest grossing film ever

Now 4th!

Used to get so angry. 

• Like 1

Lol there is this film snob at work who think FF films are worst films ever.

I been teasing him for weeks.

"Hey Fast 7 made a billion WW"

Hey fast 7 is 5th highest grossing film ever

Now 4th!

Used to get so angry.

Lol my dad is like that he thinks the Fast films are awful despite never seeing one. "They may as well star Keanu Reeves."

So for the past few weeks I've done the same to him "furious 7 passed a billion dollars"

"Top 10 all time worldwide... ever"

"Now #7"

"Top 5"

"Oh, now it's #4."

He tells me "this is how you see how stupid people are, this is all they need to be entertained."

Whatever dad. You loved RIPD (well, so did I but that's not the point :P )

• Like 2

Sure. You are biggest subject matter expert on what film is good. A film with 88% RT, pretty much great reactions on all metrics across the board does not matter. But some one who anyway does not like nolan films considers it to be POS and so that is all that matters. folks please end the discussion here. :rolleyes:

It could be 100% on RT and it was POS as far as I was concerned , it would be still POS for me.

I could point out several others here who have termed TA2 as crap.  You don't see me going out to convince them otherwise. They are entitled to their opinion.

I liked it. That is all that matters to me.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: How the hell are this gys making predictions?!!

At best the current markets can get OS upto $700M. Japan may get another 25 to 30 Mil. China would have to get $400M for AOU to touch $1.6 B. Not likely at all.

Edited by jb007
  • Like 1