Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

iceroll

Mockingjay 2 for Domestic 2015 Crown Club

86 members have voted

1. 1. How will MJ2 Rank for 2015?

• MJ2 > SW7 > TA2
    • SW7 > MJ2 > TA2
    • SW7 > TA2> MJ2

For now, I predict:

MJ2: 455m

TA2: 445m

SW7: 435m

So it will be very close for the 2015 domestic crown.

• Like 1

and that ranges gives it a chance of outgrossing SW7 which will be in a range of 420-500M

so it's possible. Age of Ultron is still a bigger threat for winning the year than Star Wars. But now MJ has a chance ( it may be slim but it's a chance)

I'd bet money or some humiliating act on SW7 outgrossing MJ2. Heck, I'd make a "leave the forums" bet on Star Wars over 450M.

There's no way Age of Ultron is a bigger threat of winning the year than Star Wars.

Sw7 has holidays and nostalgia and appeals to older people who actually pay money to see movies.

• Like 2

I will take legit bets of any sort with people who think Star Wars will make less than 450M, provided they are doable and not above $25 in money

For now, I predict:

MJ2: 455m

TA2: 445m

SW7: 435m

So it will be very close for the 2015 domestic crown.

I doubt it

Mj2 has far less buzz then CF right now.

Maybe because at this same time in 2013 CF already had a trailer + a good marketing starting? While for MJ2 we don't have nothing but the silence of Lionsgate?

• Like 2

Maybe because at this same time in 2013 CF already had a trailer + a good marketing starting? While for MJ2 we don't have nothing but the silence of Lionsgate?

General audiences will be looking to Sw7 and spectre.

Edited by Lordmandeep

The marketing won´t be huge like CF, of course.

In CF, the series was growing, they had to do better overseas..

but now the series is established, they won´t spend much money with marketing..

that happened with the Twilight saga, for example

and including Potter, Warner released the trailer for Deathly Hallows part 2 in April, 3 months before the movie 

Edited by Rogerio

General audiences will be looking to Sw7 and spectre.

CF coexisted with Thor 2. It also had Frozen on its tail, I'd say that balances some of the competition from SW7 which is a whole month away.

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 1

The marketing won´t be huge like CF, of course.

In CF, the series was growing, they had to do better overseas..

but now the series is established, they won´t spend much money with marketing..

that happened with the Twilight saga, for example

and including Potter, Warner released the trailer for Deathly Hallows part 2 in April, 3 months before the movie

Potter had a 6 month gap between P1 and 2, and April made sense because of when the DVD came out (the franchise fatigue point coming into play)

Twilight BD2 actually had its first trailer in late March - but seems like the logo reveal teaser is supposed to take its place so to say for MJ2.

And don't forget Marvel...we all know the Civil War trailer will land late October like A1, IM3, Cap 2 and AoU...if they did the Lionsgate route, they wouldn't have it till December/January (when the 2nd AoU teaser landed)

(and nope, I'm not mentioning Insurgent and Scorch Trials for a reason - they aren't tentpoles, they aren't playing on the level MJ is, pure and simple)

Anyway - OUT, I see MJ2 in 3rd or 4th place tbh.

Edited by antovolk

I still see Star Wars 7 claiming the number 1 spot by a healthy margin. I do see MJ2 beating AoU however.

Potter had a 6 month gap between P1 and 2, and April made sense because of when the DVD came out (the franchise fatigue point coming into play)

Twilight BD2 actually had its first trailer in late March - but seems like the logo reveal teaser is supposed to take its place so to say for MJ2.

And don't forget Marvel...we all know the Civil War trailer will land late October like A1, IM3, Cap 2 and AoU...if they did the Lionsgate route, they wouldn't have it till December/January (when the 2nd AoU teaser landed)

(and nope, I'm not mentioning Insurgent and Scorch Trials for a reason - they aren't tentpoles, they aren't playing on the level MJ is, pure and simple)

Anyway - OUT, I see MJ2 in 3rd or 4th place tbh.

Yes, you´re right.. but Warner always released the trailers for Potter a little late

If I´m not wrong, the trailers for Half-blood prince ( before they delayed the movie) and Deathly Hallows part 1 were released in July 

Edited by Rogerio

Well with TA2 likely to end up below 450m, I think this year's domestic crown may actually go to MJ2. It's going to be in 3D this time, so if it can bounce back to CF level admissions, then that would mean 500m domestically. The big challenge would be from Star Wars obviously.

If we look at the past Star Wars films, ROTS adjusts to 482m, and AOTC adjusts to 422m, so I think it could be close.

If Lionsgate actually manages to start marketing MJ2 and drum up buzz I think the Hunger Games franchise could reclaim the #1 domestic gross spot for 2015 (MJ1 was sooo close too).

Both of those lacked the following:

IMAX

3D surcharges 

the hype factor of a new trilogy

the original cast (Luke, Leia, Han) 

With Avengers 2 severely underperforming, I don't see Star Wars Episode VII doing any less than $550 million DOM. This will become the cinematic event of 2015. 

Star Wars Episode VII: $810 million 

Avengers 2: $475 million 

Mockingjay Part 2: $430 million 

Still a great year overall