baumer

Thursday numbers (you're not going to believe this!)

Brilliant brilliant marketing job by Paramount.Attaching this to PA3 prints was so crucial. My crowd went nuts as I'm sure they did across the country. Besides just getting the movie out there, the tv spots and trailers were actually GOOD and damn scary. Regardless of how shit the movie actually is, this is how you sell a freakin movie.

America hates Daniel Craig but loves The Devil Inside.

Yup and the naysayers on the Net are just a vocal minority.

But it dropped!

:P
So did your pants when you watched Shame.

Damn, I'm so witty.

Edited by Bitcher

Yup and the naysayers on the Net are just a vocal minority.

I agree. Those twitters about audience booing TDI at the free screening were obvious anti-plants by rival studios and nothing more.

So did your pants when you watched Shame.Damn, I'm so witty.

Didn`t everyone`s? :lol:

I just watched the trailer and it isn't scary? It looks like every other found footage/exorcist/low budget horror flick.

Yeah, here comes the peanut gallery. People always say that about popular horror movies after initial good reactions, "What are you talking about? that was scary at all dood!"

Yeah, here comes the peanut gallery. People always say that about popular horror movies after initial good reactions, "What are you talking about? that was scary at all dood!"

Well, it's not initially very good is it with the WOM coming out of it?In fact, I don't hear anyone saying it's scary until you said they did a good job marketing it, so I checked it out, and what's so different about it and Last Exorcism or Apollo 18? Could all be the same movie, well not Apollo 18, obviously but I don't see how it looks any different or better.

Well, DT's drop is still better. Posted Image

$1,704,788 -5%

Yeh.. Thats pretty good.. Its showing some legs now...

It will be very interesting to see who will increase the most tomorrow..

SH OR DT

I don't think anyone went to TDI because they thought it looked original. Exorcism/found footage movies are simply the fad right now. And as long as they continue to attract suckers on opening weekend like this movie did, they'll keep getting made.Although, being the first that appears to be universally reviled by audiences, it could also signal the beginning of the end.

Edited by tribefan695