kayumanggi

MASTERMINDS | 09.30.16 | Relativity | final domestic gross: $17,368,022

They haven't yet, but its obvious that the film at this point will probably shelved and never come out. It has had from what I heard a lot of production and on set problems. It was supposed to come in February then it was pushed to September and we've heard absolutely nothing about this movie, no posters, trailers, marketing, etc.

It was actually shot in 2013 for an August 2014 release date, before it then got moved around. There is no way the film (if it ever gets released) will be as fascinating as its behind the scenes stories.

• Like 1

August still needs some shuffling.

We have two R rated movies coming out on August 21st - Agent 47 and American Ultra.

One of them needs to move. American Ultra should move to August 28.

Shaun the sheep should move to 21st or 28th.

Ricki and Flash to 1st week September.

This move was expected. Relativity has serious cash flow problems and at one point they were even looking into selling some of their movies to raise money. Maybe they will be able to sort their problems by October and give this a good release. 

Dumbest move I have seen in the last few months. It was well positioned to have a run similar to Lets Be Cops.

Nah, this looks much closer to Hit & Run (down to a minor distributor) than to a Let's Be Cops. It likely would've been overshadowed by American Ultra, which looks vastly superior as far as late summer comedies go. This just reeks of "flop" (and is from a struggling distributor so yeah).

Nah, this looks much closer to Hit & Run (down to a minor distributor) than to a Let's Be Cops. It likely would've been overshadowed by American Ultra, which looks vastly superior as far as late summer comedies go. This just reeks of "flop" (and is from a struggling distributor so yeah).

American Ultra will flop. C'mon now :lol: 

Agree with you on the distributor (Relativity has major issues right now) but the movie looks good to me.  Zach Galifianakis looks in his elements and the movie has a really good plot. I have been following the development of this movie since 2013 back when it was called Loomis Fargo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Loomis_Fargo_Robbery_in_North_Carolina)It can make $60-70 million if given a proper release. 

What???? Hahahahahahaha not going to happen

Define flop. Cause...you might be right...on the other hand, I doubt most people I know have even heard of this movie. But..,they might watch it simoly cause it...exists.

• Like 1

My hope is that another mid-major will buy it from Relativity and give it a Q1 2016 release. I think the movie has potential if it is released during a quieter box office period but Relativity is too deep in shit to do any justice to any of their upcoming movies.

• Like 1

My hope is that another mid-major will buy it from Relativity and give it a Q1 2016 release. I think the movie has potential if it is released during a quieter box office period but Relativity is too deep in shit to do any justice to any of their upcoming movies.

You know, I really would like to win the lottery.

• Like 1

Relativity Pulls ‘Masterminds’ From Calendar After Vowing to Release in October (EXCLUSIVE)

Relativity Media has attempted to maintain an appearance of normality following its bankruptcy, claiming that it would stick with an early October release date for heist comedy “Masterminds.” But reassurances from inside Ryan Kavanaugh’s company that the film is coming out as planned have been scratched, with the Kristen Wiig-Zach Galifianakis comedy now postponed indefinitely.

Variety learned about the postponement from international distributors, who complained that they were unable to release the film until it comes out in the U.S. and they now have no idea when, or if, that will happen.

Distributors learned of the delay last Friday from Relativity international president Camela Galano. The company did not acknowledge the move until confronted with an email. “Relativity Studios has moved ‘Masterminds’ from its scheduled October 9th release date,” the company then confirmed in a statement, “and we expect to announce a new 2015 release date shortly.”

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/masterminds-release-on-hold-relativity-1201566806/