Plain Old Tele

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

"It's a masterpiece. The rest of this shit is worthless junk". Aside from Ex Machina.

9/10 joint MOTY. Pure spectacle and bombast and some of the most holy f- action I've seen on screen but where Miller blows everyone out is building a strong and convincing enough emotional core and connection to the characters and the cause that it ends up being so satisfying emotionally too. The SCALE blew me away, this is a different beast to The Road Warrior. Hardy was very cool, but Theron and Hoult owned this - which especially atory wise was the main and only flaw. Heart pumping from first shot to last.

• Like 5

One of the best action movies I've ever seen in my life. The scale, the stunts, the visuals, the car work is astounding. Yet it doesn't feel like its tedious to watch or overdone. The soundtrack easily compliments it. Theron was also amazing.

Miller knows how to direct action and it shows on screen. 

A

• Like 7

It just isn't the masterpiece I thought it would be, none of the emotional moments worked because I didn't quite care for anyone there, I mean, the movie doesn't have a bad or uninteresting character, I just didn't connect with them.

I'm sure others will list its qualities better than me so I will just say that the action is motherfucking insane, it has one of the best world building in a big budgeted movie I've seen and it is wierd in a super fun kind of way and the closing shot is perfection. 

I would say it's a better version of Road Warrior and the best MM film by a hair. 85/100

Maybe another viewing without all the hype wash this disappointing feeling away

• Like 1

The movie was insane! Amazing experience that needs to be witnessed on big screen. Movie was basically a 120min long car chase with a couple of breaks in between. Sounds boring, but it was an absolute thrill ride. Hardy was good, but Theron (as absolutely badass Furiosa) and Hoult owned this.

Best movie of the year so far.

A+

• Like 3

A fantastic, insane, awesome experience.  I don't think there are enough superlatives in the English language.  The most incredible aspect was the world building on such an epic scale and yet still so detailed and nuanced.  The performances were excellent with Theron being the standout.  The stunts and action were stupendous and flat out relentless from the beginning.

A+

• Like 6

The first 40 minutes are so nuts when the chase unfolds and it just keep throwing money shots after money shots, you're like "Damn" and then right away as you barely recover your breath from all that awesomeness overload it jumps right away into that jaw-dropping supermassive storm like "Holy shit it's already climaxing in the first act?! What will be left then for the next hour to top that!?"

• Like 5