kayumanggi

COLLATERAL BEAUTY | 12.16.16 | Warner Brothers | final gross ● 31.02M

This movie didn't spark any interest from me until I saw it being panned on RT. Then I enquired myself of the synopsis...

:depp:

It reads like A Christmas Carol being revisited by a corporation's board of cokeheaded sociopaths idea of an uplifting christmas story. I don't even want to witness the execution of such wretched premise.

Edited by dashrendar44

6 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Alas, maybe not

This movie doesn't rise to the level of so-bad-it's-good. But no less impressively, perhaps, it's just bad enough that you actually wish it were worse.  -- Justin Chang / Los Angeles Times

It can't even fail right!

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I have avoided all spoilers just because I need to see how ridiculous this is. I need to witness just how bad this is.

Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara, and Rachel McAdams all dodged a bullet dropping out of this.

Rachel McAdams was also scheduled to do Passengers with Keanu and dropped out.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Thank God for her Doctor Strange commitments. :lol:

Meh.

Commercially, I guess there are worse things than having Dr. Strange on a resume, but, artistically, her character was nothing. Yet another generic "girlfriend" role that totally wastes an actress' talent in a Marvel film.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Meh.

Commercially, I guess there are worse things than having Dr. Strange on a resume, but, artistically, her character was nothing. Yet another generic "girlfriend" role that totally wastes an actress' talent in a Marvel film.

It was nothing part for sure (hopefully the sequel gives her more to do), but I'm sure a nothing superhero's girlfriend role has to be a step up from...well, this. :lol:

• Like 1