Noctis

Friday: Devil 16.85 SH2 4.3 DT 3.5 WH 2.6 pg 10

So what if drops off the Earth next week? It doubled its budget on midnight, the studio gets the share of the OW, don't care about the rest. It will do less than 2 multiplier, but 50m is a lock. Hit.

It will crawl to $50 million. It probably won't even hit $30 million this weekend, and even if it does, it'll struggle to make another $20 million. Unless you've seen the movie, you just have no idea how bad it is and how infuriated the ending makes the audience. One of the most insulting pieces of trash I have seen in years and years.

I see. I saw articles saying people booed heavily.

It was unlikely anything I've ever seen. I've been to hundreds of free screenings and have never heard anyone boo at any of those screenings. It just doesn't happen. This wasn't just a view grunts, this was every member in the audience simultaneously booing at high volumes. Edited by tarantino666

So what if drops off the Earth next week? It doubled its budget on midnight, the studio gets the share of the OW, don't care about the rest. It will do less than 2 multiplier, but 50m is a lock. Hit.

Not to mention that these movies are the quick buck thing. Nobody makes them for slow burn and legs. That`s why they are insanely profitable since studios make most money from opening weekend. Legs are face-saving and in case of legs beasts like Titanic and Avatar, they can be profitable too but that`s rare. Studios want money back right away hence why hype and names are supposed to open and why opening is so highly valued.Kudos to Paramount for releasing this excellent movie. I don`t believe critics and those anti-plants who boo`d. This is a good movie for sure. Edited by fishnets

For some reason, IMDB has not tabulated the average viewer review score. To gain further perspective, I began to inspect the actual reader reviews. The majority of reviews blast the movie and give it one star. The majority of the rest rate it between two and four- on a 10 point scale. This is obvious rubbish. The good news? If an obvious turd can become a suprise hit, that may bode well for 2012.