Noctis

Friday: Devil 16.85 SH2 4.3 DT 3.5 WH 2.6 pg 10

Well, we will have NFL playoffs both on Saturday and Sunday so most likely these numbers will drop.

Why will MI4 do less than 20M? Even conservatively,Fri: 6.213MSat: 8.7M (+40%)Sun: 5.2M (-40%) Edited by Fake

However bad Devil Inside is, a near-17m opening day is the most impressive box office figure I've seen since DH2. WOW. And terrific numbers elsewhere, too. MI4's looking to top MI2 unadjusted. Sherlock and Tattoo are looking much better now than they were a few weeks ago. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy had a great expansion, it's beating The Artist's PTA in five times as many theaters. The only unimpressive numbers are from the kidpics, and those should do much better today anyway.

• Like 2

I predicted TDI to "breakout" to 17m and it nearly tops that on opening day.It sure is a pathetic movie to break the slump, but good start for Paramount's 100th anniversary. Already 17 times the budget on OD. As good as it is for the BO, let's have good movies start doing well again, please. I don't want to see Underworld 4 reaping in the cash.

However bad Devil Inside is, a near-17m opening day is the most impressive box office figure I've seen since DH2. WOW.And terrific numbers elsewhere, too. MI4's looking to top MI2 unadjusted. Sherlock and Tattoo are looking much better now than they were a few weeks ago. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy had a great expansion, it's beating The Artist's PTA in five times as many theaters. The only unimpressive numbers are from the kidpics, and those should do much better today anyway.

True, I guess. Despite TDI breaking out, it looks like everything else is doing well too. Solid start to 2012 so far. Edited by tribefan695

This is amazing. I'm thrilled. I dont care if the movie is a shit pie this is just incredibly impressive. Paramount is making a killing off this and they deserve to for giving what should basically be a "dump it" January release, a smart, appealing, and supportive marketing push. A million kudos to them this weekend.

It will likely drop 20-25% this weekend.

But later drops will be bigger, right? It must start losing theaters with more movies coming out. This weekend is an anomaly because only TDI came out and it`s teen oriented movie. But next week and the one after will have more movies.

TV ads were everywhere, even during Project Runway reruns.

I don't really watch Project Runway. And I have to tell you fish, my first name is Damon and everytime I see your signature I think I did something wrong. LOL