Noctis

Friday: Devil 16.85 SH2 4.3 DT 3.5 WH 2.6 pg 10

Denmark

Thanks. You guys need good Hollywood horror. Swedish geek stuff that you get like LTROI isn`t horror at all. Real good horror is cheap, scary, cheesy, has bad acting in it and WTF ending. BTW, Bergman = overrated (read:boring) and Swedish movies = overrated.Also, Von Trier = super overrated. Edited by fishnets

me too. When it`s good, horror is just great. What`s your favorite horror movie.

My first horror movie was Jeepers Creepers. And I have watched all the goods.Jeepers Creepers 1 & 2The Hills Have EyesWrong TurnParanormal Activity 1,2&3Silent Hill (it sucked though)Saw 1 & 2Jaws (terror in the water) - BOMDeep Blue SeaThe Texas Chainsaw MassacreFreddyJasonHostelThe ExorcistWhat Lies BeneathThe Blair Witch ProjectThe RingThe GrudgeThe Amityville HorrorThe Final DestinationAnd alot more...

Dom Cobb ->You started with Jeepers Creepers from 2001, huh? You've got some real history with the genre, then. And you've seen all the classics too, from the looks of it.My first horror was probably Frankenstein, though I can't be sure for I've been watching them for a wee bit longer than 10 years. But that's just me. Edited by Bitcher
  • Like 1

me too. When it`s good, horror is just great. What`s your favorite horror movie.

Ahhhh. Thats a tough one...I must say jaws...But ANOES 1+3 have a special place in my heart to

Dom Cobb ->You started with Jeepers Creepers from 2001, huh? You've got some real history with the genre, then. And you've seen all the classics too, from the looks of it.My first horror was probably Frankenstein, though I can't be sure for I've been watching them for a wee bit longer than 10 years. But that's just me.

I was 10 years old then. And I love horror movies, when they are really good like fmpro said.

My first horror was Alien. My folks had it on video. It was the first movie ever that I actually felt like my favorite movie as opposed to just watching without absorbing what`s going on. I think it was to me what Star Wars was to other people. The moment you become aware of movies as something worth obsessing about.My other genre favorites are Aliens (though technically more action than horror), The Descent (best Girl Power movie ever), Carrie (best teen movie ever) Blair Witch Project, The Ring and the original Nightmare on Elm Street.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

Amazing number. Sure, this movie probably will crash and burn, but with a Friday like that, and a small budget...it doesn't really matter. This thing is a hit.Oh and if we're discussing favorite horror movies...mine is definitely John Carpenter's The Thing.

My favorite horror movie is AoTC. I don't think I've ever witnessed anything more horrific than Hayden's "acting" in cinema.

I have. It's called Jake Lloyd's acting. Or perhaps Tommy Wiseau's acting (look him up if you don't know!)

My first horror was Alien. My folks had it on video. It was the first movie ever that I actually felt like my favorite movie as opposed to just watching without absorbing what`s going on. I think it was to me what Star Wars was to other people. The moment you become aware of movies as something worth obsessing about.My other genre favorites are Aliens (though technically more action than horror), The Descent (best Girl Power movie ever), Carrie (best teen movie ever) Blair Witch Project, The Ring and the original Nightmare on Elm Street.

Yeah I forgot to mention Alien 1979.

I was 10 years old then. And I love horror movies, when they are really good like fmpro said.

Really good like Hostel, Saw 2, JP 2 or The Grudge, you mean? Coz I'm not sure what the purpose of the list you posted was.Also, have any of you watched something outside of US mainstream with maybe some token Asian ghost flicks sprinkled on top?Do names such as Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, Ruggero Deodato or Mario Bava ring a bell? Just wondering... Edited by Bitcher

My first horror was Alien. My folks had it on video. It was the first movie ever that I actually felt like my favorite movie as opposed to just watching without absorbing what`s going on. I think it was to me what Star Wars was to other people. The moment you become aware of movies as something worth obsessing about.

My other genre favorites are Aliens (though technically more action than horror), The Descent (best Girl Power movie ever), Carrie (best teen movie ever) Blair Witch Project, The Ring and the original Nightmare on Elm Street.

Speaking of terrible endings, the US theatrical ending of THE DESCENT is up there for Worst Ending. Thank god they went back to the original cut for the DVD release.