Noctis

Friday: Devil 16.85 SH2 4.3 DT 3.5 WH 2.6 pg 10

With a 10m+ weekend, Dragon Tattoo shouldn't have a problem reaching 100m. Terrific hold for MI4. Tintin and War Horse, on the other hand...

Doubt that MI4 will make 19 mill from a 5,7 mill friday.. Seems a bit to high IMO

the funniest thing about this dispute is that this fassbender guy reminds exactly of daniel craig.

You are onto something. Fass is like Craig who didn`t look pouty and petulant all the time and who had German officer features instead of Polish plumber ones and who had more than 1 facial expression.

and craig has done smaller movies . but since bond raised his profile, i don't blame him for trying more mainstream roles too.

problem is, he`s trying ONLY mainstream roles and always playing the same character.

the paycheck is hard to refuse. fassbender is doing the same thing with xmen, prometheus. let's see what he does next now that he's on everyone's radar.

Fass is mixing it up. He did FC and Prometheus and also Shame, ADM and Jane Ayre. The latter three were not expected to be blockbusters by any strecth of imagination.

one thing is for sure. just like craig, he'll never be A-list in america. both men have rugged, hard looks ( although i admit fass is cuter and more appealing).

You are onto something but I don`t think that rugged looks prevented some big stars of the past to be big stars. Craig problem is that he is really unlikable person on and off the screen and he isn`t charismatic. Also, Bond was never a star maker. None of Bond actors was famous for anything but BOnd, even Connery who came the closest to being famous for himself was never a sure boxoffice outside of Bond.

It is a good start to the year even if it is an apparently crappy movie. As much as I wish every other 2012 movie would follow suit in this kind of breakout and it becomes a freakishly awesome year it's doubtful, I reckon the majority of Jan/feb movies will disappoint.

"Boxoffice is in a slump because there are no good movies coming out" herp fuckin derp.

Wrong.

"Boxoffice is in a slump because there are no appealing movies coming out"

The Devil Inside looked like the scariest thing ever, and releasing the trailer in front of PA3 was a genious idea.

More like the funniest thing ever. The trailer always got huge laughs at the theatre. There's nothing scary about it.

That is not what most people thought, And reactions to the trailer have been quite good, except in your theater.