kayumanggi

ME BEFORE YOU | 06.03.16 | Warner Brothers | final domestic gross: $56,245,075

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

There are only 6 reviews and it's at 50%. Anything can happen.

RT holds no sway over me. Trailers are the way to go. The Man Who Knew Infinity received a 64% from RT. That movie had me grinning from ear-to-ear. The Big Short was one of the best movies last year, in my opinion, and only received an 88%. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

RT holds no sway over me. Trailers are the way to go. The Man Who Knew Infinity received a 64% from RT. That movie had me grinning from ear-to-ear. The Big Short was one of the best movies last year, in my opinion, and only received an 88%. 

RT is a fucked up system that no one should pay attention to (except probably Halaba)

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

http://www.thewrap.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-sequel-to-top-box-office-but-faces-troubled-waters-ahead/

Paramount’s “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows” is poised to come out on top this weekend as early tracking sets it at $40 million, with studio estimates closer to $37 million.

The real winner this weekend could be romantic drama “Me Before You,” which is predicted to open with $14 million, with big fish “Finding Dory” making waves in two weeks. Warner Bros. romantic drama “Me Before You,” starring Emilia Clarke andSam Claflin, will bring in more modest returns this weekend, expected to make about $14 million upon opening. That’s not bad at all for a film made on a production budget just higher than $20 million.

Finally, Universal’s comedy spoof movie, “Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping,” is set to bomb, expected to gross only $7 million this weekend against its $21 million budget. 

Low enough budget, and good legs from the female demo should make this a minor hit.

I read the book last week. I needed a palate cleanser after The Stand (which is like 10,000 pages long). 

It's certainly superior to what that hack Nicholas Sparks writes (though it falls prey to some of his corniness). 

It's super commercial and crowd pleasing - the ending could end up being controversial and could spark some debate.