Olive

Release Dates Discussion | Avengers Endgame 2019

Another one that seems to support my impression of movies getting not so good release fßdates if the same studio already had a big earner in the same year

Weekly Chinese Box Office Preview: 'Lost in Hong Kong' Prepares For National Holiday Showdown

on September 29, 2015

This week brings China's National Holiday, a seven day break for students and workers to celebrate the anniversary of the founding of China. This "Golden Week" is one of the most sought after release periods for distribution companies;...

Predictions for the 7-day Holiday/Overall Run:

1) Chronicles of a Ghostly Tribe $60M/$90M

2) Goodbye Mr. Loser $55M/$115M

3) Lost in Hong Kong $50M/$205M

4) Saving Mr. Wu $30M/$45M

http://pro.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2015-09-29-weekly-chinese-box-office-preview-lost-in-hong-kong-prepares-for-national-holiday-showdown

Those are quite bad predictions...

• Like 1

Another one that seems to support my impression of movies getting not so good release fßdates if the same studio already had a big earner in the same year

Even Age Of Ultron didn't get a great date.  A Tues non holiday opening?  Did it even have a significant holiday during it's run?

Disney is not bribing the right people. :ph34r:

Even Age Of Ultron didn't get a great date.  A Tues non holiday opening?  Did it even have a significant holiday during it's run?

Disney is not bribing the right people. :ph34r:

I meant rather bad = not the same as not that good. In this case maybe better than you seem to think, see Kylin's response  ;)

Beside:

Disney already had kinds of big hitters before AoU:

Big Hero 6 got released.. I think it was February and made something above $80m+, also Cinderella, also in Spring ($70m+?)

Tomorrowland didn't do a lot aka it tanked (got released ~ timenear after AoU)

now Inside Out and Ant-Man

Not sure if at all or if yes, when Bridge of Spies, The Good Dinosaur will get released. Star Wars I think will be released in China in 2016

2016 Disney releases 12 new movies (1 by Dreamworks (Spielberg), not sure who might distributes it in China) as far as I already know, the majority seem not to be 'small' ones too (Finding Dory, Star Wars, 2x Marvel, Alice..., Jungle Book,... plus at least 3 additional animated movies I do not know anything about).

Interesting times (positivly meant)  :D

Weekly Chinese Box Office Preview: 'Lost in Hong Kong' Prepares For National Holiday Showdown

on September 29, 2015

This week brings China's National Holiday, a seven day break for students and workers to celebrate the anniversary of the founding of China. This "Golden Week" is one of the most sought after release periods for distribution companies;...

Predictions for the 7-day Holiday/Overall Run:

1) Chronicles of a Ghostly Tribe $60M/$90M

2) Goodbye Mr. Loser $55M/$115M

3) Lost in Hong Kong $50M/$205M

4) Saving Mr. Wu $30M/$45M

http://pro.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2015-09-29-weekly-chinese-box-office-preview-lost-in-hong-kong-prepares-for-national-holiday-showdown

Through 6 days:

1) Hong Kong $80.8M

2) Mr. Loser $70.2M

3) Chronicle $67.7M

4) Mr. Wu $15.7M

• Like 1