Olive

Release Dates Discussion | Avengers Endgame 2019

About SW8, Disney China told me some of them saw the movie which is better than EP7 & RO in their views. SARFT still hope Disney China can schedule it to debut on Dec.15 even Dec.8 (yes I know, a week before US opening). But the work of the movie has not been finished yet(almost finished). Disney China still wanna let this release in next year(Jan.5) and I also told them I liked the decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

About SW8, Disney China told me some of them saw the movie which is better than EP7 & RO in their views. SARFT still hope Disney China can schedule it to debut on Dec.15 even Dec.8 (yes I know, a week before US opening). But the work of the movie has not been finished yet(almost finished). Disney China still wanna let this release in next year(Jan.5) and I also told them I liked the decision.

If SARFT wants SW8 so badly for December release, why not release it On DEC 29. 

48 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

It was released weeks ago but did not do well. WoM was below average.

Thx for the answer. I just hope that's because of the bad marketing, and not because of the movie (fingers crossed). But according to Imdb, they re-cut the whole movie after the festival screening in Venice. That's not a good sign...

Edited by zozo

35 minutes ago, zozo said:

Thx for the answer. I just hope that's because of the bad marketing, and not because of the movie (fingers crossed). But according to Imdb, they re-cut the whole movie after the festival screening in Venice. That's not a good sign...

4.8 rating on Douban, the theatrical version is quite bad.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Proxima Olive said:

Bajrangi Bhaijaan will open on March 2nd, possibly same day as Black Panther.

This may be another case of "GOTG2 VS Dangal"

Hey Olive. What are you gauging from the Chinese audience for Black Panther right now? Excitement, indifference, no interest? And the same for Bajrangi Bhaijaan?

16 minutes ago, cmbbox2390 said:

Hey Olive. What are you gauging from the Chinese audience for Black Panther right now? Excitement, indifference, no interest? And the same for Bajrangi Bhaijaan?

I'm not sure, Chinese are not into a full- black cast with no star power, BB may surprise

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Proxima Olive said:

I'm not sure, Chinese are not into a full- black cast with no star power, BB may surprise

Very late release for Bajrangi Bhaijaan since it was a 2015 movie, but the movie is really really good and exactly the type of movie which will appeal to Chinese sensibilities considering the type of movies which surprise here. Salman Khan's best movie by far.

7 hours ago, Proxima Olive said:

Bajrangi Bhaijaan will open on March 2nd, possibly same day as Black Panther.

This may be another case of "GOTG2 VS Dangal"

I've heard Salman Khan is not as famous as Aamir Khan in China so I am skeptical that BB will do as well as Dangal did. 

Chinese general audience “don’t like”(it’s discrimination in my opinion) those movies starred by black. Mostly I don’t get why some of them still think it's political correctness(they always say this to deny the success of black) not to cast white actors in a story about America…While they never say it when they see those local movies starred by Chinese only.

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

I've heard Salman Khan is not as famous as Aamir Khan in China so I am skeptical that BB will do as well as Dangal did. 

BB is really really really good though. I mean really good, Salman's best movie by far and I would say better than Dangal. A very human story and everyone will tear up in the final scene.

• Like 1