Olive

Release Dates Discussion | Avengers Endgame 2019

On 2018/1/25 at 12:22 AM, jiangsen said:

What’s wrong with the Black Panther release?

I don't think that bad, in 2016 Zootipia was released 3.5 weeks after Lunar New Year, in 2017 xXx 2 weeks later and Resident Evil 4 weeks later and they all did great.

Ready Player One - Mar 30 

The Commuter - Mar 30 

Hindi Medium (Indian Title) - Apr 4th 

Rampage - Apr 13th 

Avengers 3 - TBD (It will likely be pushed to May 4th to project my local films so it doesn't drown against the superior content releasing on April 28th.) 

Edited by EmperorForever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, EmperorForever said:

Avengers 3 - TBD (It will likely be pushed to May 4th to project my local films so it doesn't drown against the superior content releasing on April 28th.) 

When are SARFT likely to say when this will be released? I seem to remember Gavin or Olive saying that the 28th weekend is always reserved for local movies, but given no date has been announced yet, perhaps they're considering the Avengers, especially since it'll do massive business.

11 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

When are SARFT likely to say when this will be released? I seem to remember Gavin or Olive saying that the 28th weekend is always reserved for local movies, but given no date has been announced yet, perhaps they're considering the Avengers, especially since it'll do massive business.

Last week of March or first week of April. Yes, the last week in April is the May Day holiday in China and audiences prefer to watch local films during this period. Avengers will be fine no matter where it lands. 

10 minutes ago, Proxima Olive said:

Jurassic World 2 - June 15

Ranger Solo - May 25

I did not know that JW2 will be released in many countries 2 weeks before than in USA (according iMDB). Maybe, it is because of the World Cup (it starts on June 14th). I guess it will not affect too much in China since they are not qualified.

4 minutes ago, peludo said:

I did not know that JW2 will be released in many countries 2 weeks before than in USA (according iMDB). Maybe, it is because of the World Cup (it starts on June 14th). I guess it will not affect too much in China since they are not qualified.

Chinese enjoyed World Cup, too. But Jun.16-18 is 3-day holiday of dragon boat festival. JW

2 has a 4-day weekend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Chinese enjoyed World Cup, too. But Jun.16-18 is 3-day holiday of dragon boat festival. JW

2 has a 4-day weekend.

I do not doubt it, but I guess that it is more enjoyable and exciting if you are qualified.

Anyway, it seems a good date with that holiday.

18 hours ago, peludo said:

I do not doubt it, but I guess that it is more enjoyable and exciting if you are qualified.

Anyway, it seems a good date with that holiday.

haha People used to watching world cup without Chinese team all these years:hahaha: 

btw good release date with dragon boat Festival in Asian counties 

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, peludo said:

Chinese love watching the World Cup and they are used to their team failing. :whosad:

Not sure what will be the effect on BO these days though. Younger generations more/less interested in football?