chasmmi

The Top 100 Film Characters of All Time Countdown Thread - Top 20 incoming!

90th: Regina George - Mean Girls - Rachel McAdams 

23pts - 2 votes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXJH6-pTGPE

Another classic from the anals

Spelling mistake deliberate this time

of film history. Rachel McAdams plays the unforgettable Regina George character who I assume is one of the non-Lindsay Lohan women in that clip above.

Well it seems that two people are happy to sing the praises of this particular character so I won't judge too loudly any more. So I'll stick to the facts that Regina is the highest rated Mean Girls character and I am not really one to talk about film tastes as I am 33% of the reason that the character coming up next made the list. :)

• Like 4

89th: Maleficent - Maleficent - Angelina Jolie 

23pts - 3 votes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai4qmuYHAcI

I don't care what anybody says and I understand how bad the film in reality was, but Jolie is amazing in this film. She pretty much single-handedly drags this film from terrible to below average / not bad. This is surprisingly Angelina's only character to receive votes in the whole list of 488 but I do feel that it is a role deserving of a position in the lower regions of this list.

Edited by chasmmi
  • Like 5

88th: Thor - Thor - Chris Hemsworth 

23pts - 4 votes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCjPBpdlccM

So the first Avenger to hit the top 100 is our friend from the Norse: Thor. This role fits Hemsworth like a glove and he has grown into the role with every film to the point that Ultron was probably the most fun the Thor character has been to date.

The standalone films may not get the acclaim that Ironman or Winter Soldier to name but two rival Marvel films, but there is a lot to praise Chris for in pulling off this role. Making an immortal God into a human character we can relate to while maintaining that godly, holier than thou grace of a deity is not an easy task, but Hemsworth makes the role seem easy to play and i hope we get to see him throw the hammer for many more years to come.  

• Like 5

Scarlett O'Hara being beat by Thor, Maleficent (not even animated) and a couple of Mean Girls?  Fiddle-dee-dee.... I could scream!

I should have voted but sometimes it feels like spitting in the wind in some of these polls. :wacko:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Lol what? Compared to Jolie, Hemsworth is as good at acting as a piece of wood.

She is a way better actor, but the Thor character is way better. Which is expected since he has appeared in 4 movies.

• Like 1

Your list has been counted now, having it lost on page 2 with now proud declaration of getting it finished or PM of the list meant I kind of didnt see it, sorry. Have triple checked every post now and it was the only list I missed so it's not a big disaster.

Just means that I now technically started with 104th not 101st and one character already written up needs to disappear and reappear later. :)

Sorry about that :)

You almost forgot me!  :o ..  <_< .. It's okay at least you got it now.  ;)

this is when I realize this list is gonna be shit, and it's my fault because I didn't send anything in

:( I SUCK

The bottom ends of these lists are always subject to the whims of folk that place random films, people/scenes 100 times higher than the average sane person would and thus should likely be judged more on their top 50s than the whole list as a whole.

(For example I could probably get Mellisa McCarthy into the top 100 of Kalo's Beautiful actress list by placing her first, but I would need about 2 or 3 other co-conspirators to get her top 25 or even top 50 I expect. Same deal here. But hey you could also end up hating the top 50 too :)

But yeah, you still suck for not making a list :P

• Like 1

WTF is Mean Girls? Should I watch it?

Maleficent/Thor is OK, but I hope not too many MCU characters are in the top 100. Captain America sucks.

I'd be careful about saying such things around these parts.

87th: Ferris Bueller - Ferris Bueller's Day Off - 

Matthew Broderick 

24pts - 2 votes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KFVLWX7eEY

The harrowing tale of one man's quest to skip school, Ferris Bueller is no Oscar Schindler (but then if he had been he couldn't have made the list), but it was classic 80s teen movie fayre. It reminds us of a time when people were prepared to see Matthew Broderick on a cinema screen and it is kind of a shame that this ended up being the platform for Inspector Gadget and Godzilla.

Fun Fact: The Broderick's character was possibly named after the wheel, but probably not.

• Like 7