grim22

Monday numbers Rth: Mad Max #1 with 5.3M, PP2 5.21M AoU 3.4M #AnUpsetForTheAges

GODZILLA's a great example. $200m would've been considered a pretty good result, back a few months before it opened. But after its OW, $200m was seen as shit.

Money's money. Doesn't matter how quick or slow it takes to get there.

With Godzilla I think the disappointment has more to do with how those garbage legs will affect its sequel

With Godzilla I think the disappointment has more to do with how those garbage legs will affect its sequel

Godzilla was a vicious life sucking bitch of a movie, but it still had a good gross.

• Like 3

It's actually been doing the 8-10% ahead of IM3 trend since day 4 of its run. Been very consistent on that trend as well. Can pretty much pencil in a 450-ish finish and call it a day at this point.

I felt like I've seen this post before. De Ja vu?

• Like 2

I think the biggest reason so many people become frustrated with lordmandeep is because:

1. His way must always reflect the way of the general population - everything else be damned

2. OVERTHREW CAPTAIN OBVIOUS IN THE NO SHIT DEPARTMENT

3. starting with "lol" before every comment

• Like 2

Does PP2 have a shot at breaking the $220 million Alvin 2 record for a female-directed movie?

If I had to guess, I'd say no.  That would require a 3 multiplier and not a lot of sequels do that.

There's a line in a Danny Devito, Gene Hackman movie, where DeVito says pretty much the same thing......Money's money, that's why they call it money. :)

I know I can look it up, but I'm too lazy to right now.

EDIT: Movie is called Heist...and the line is : Everybody needs money, that's why they call it money.

Ah, Mamet dialogue. Such sweet music to my ears.

• Like 1

Lack Of Quality??? It's made by the same guy who made the 1st movie.. It was Epic... If there was 1 thing I would've done differently, is made the movie 3 Hours and used ULTRON for the 1st movie and Loki for the TA2..

lol 3 hours?? It's long enough, 3 hours would be torture. And flipping Ultron and Loki makes no sense. But looking forward to Cap3 and IW regardless.

And falling off the map is kind of ridiculous anyway.  I've never agreed with the concept that a film with a good multiplier is better than a film that opens massively and has a smaller one.  Would you rather have a Potter film that makes 375 mill after a 150 mill opening or a film that makes 200 mill off a 20 mill opening?  Money is money, doesn't matter how they get there.

Right, and a brilliant film with excellent WOM can be one that is very stylized and genre specific. Thus it only appeals to a certain demo or fan base, and it still doesn't have good legs.

• Like 1

A great movie is doing well and you guys are still talking about Marvel/DC?

There's a lot to say about the movie but not much to say about its BO run thus far

It's a shared cinematic universe. They're all prequels.

Well, there's prequels and then there's placeholder movies, spinning their wheels, going nowhere, adding nothing to the cinematic universe. Not that it's necessarily the case here.  :ph34r: