Asyulus

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 362m Overseas | 504m Worldwide

Zootopia looks like a stronger contender here. It is fresher, better storyline. Dreamwork's should have kept the December date and roll out internationally within a week, not spread out to a time frame when Zootopia kills its chance. Then again the international arrangements may be complex & tough to close.

36 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Zootopia looks like a stronger contender here. It is fresher, better storyline. Dreamwork's should have kept the December date and roll out internationally within a week, not spread out to a time frame when Zootopia kills its chance. Then again the international arrangements may be complex & tough to close.

Where is "here"?

Kung Fu Panda 3 opened in 40 new markets over the weekend, finishing the frame with $31.8 million from a total of 12,713 screens in 51 markets. Italy was the top opener with a $3.8 million bow from 809 screens, followed by Germany ($2M from 1,143 screens), Hong Kong ($1.4M from 97 screens), and Argentina ($1.2M from 330 screens). The film finishes its latest frame overseas with a $257 million cume and $395.3 million global total.

Source: BoxOffice.com

That looks awful for panda. its run in domestic/china is almost finished and only markets left are below. Will not crack 600m WW.

Belgium 23 March 2016  
Australia 24 March 2016  
Mongolia 25 March 2016  
France 30 March 2016  
India 1 April 2016  
Poland 1 April 2016  
Taiwan 1 April 2016  
Netherlands 13 April 2016

On 21/03/2016 at 7:38 PM, keysersoze123 said:

That looks awful for panda. its run in domestic/china is almost finished and only markets left are below. Will not crack 600m WW.

Belgium 23 March 2016  
Australia 24 March 2016  
Mongolia 25 March 2016  
France 30 March 2016  
India 1 April 2016  
Poland 1 April 2016  
Taiwan 1 April 2016  
Netherlands 13 April 2016

This is making WW what some persons expected from China, Jesus!

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

ZOOTP WW over KFP3 & TGD combined WW ?

WDAS kicking DW & Pixar's asses off late :P

Toy Story 3 won against Tangled

Brave won against Ralph

Inside Out won against Big Hero 6 (and the only reason why Zootopoia will surpass it WW is because it received full support from China, unlike IO, oh, and also helped the fact that Zootopid didn't have to deal with a OS monster like Minnions)

And I have few doubts that FD is going to kill Zoo/Moana

24 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Toy Story 3 won against Tangled

Brave won against Ralph

Inside Out won against Big Hero 6 (and the only reason why Zootopoia will surpass it WW is because it received full support from China, unlike IO, oh, and also helped the fact that Zootopid didn't have to deal with a OS monster like Minnions)

And I have few doubts that FD is going to kill Zoo/Moana

I said 'off-late'. If you see last 5 films (ignoring Winnie the Pooh as it was a very small film)...

(Movie with bigger WW gross in bold)

Pixar    Disney

TGD      Zootopia

IO         BH6

MU        Frozen

Brave     WIR

Cars 2    Tangled

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

I said 'off-late'. If you see last 5 films (ignoring Winnie the Pooh as it was a very small film)...

(Movie with bigger WW gross in bold)

Pixar    Disney

TGD      Zootopia

IO         BH6

MU        Frozen

Brave     WIR

Cars 2    Tangled

Well, then, don't forget about FD, that is going to crush Moana, I would call it a draw at best, between Pixar and Disney, although, I would consider Pixar's consistency way more admirable, since they took two decades to have their first real flop, while Disney only had their comeback 6 years ago, let's see if Disney can keep this consistence for a long time like Pixar

Also.....the thing that bothers me about the current DW-sequels (HTTYD2, KFP3) performing below anyone's expectations.....is that....the people who want to see the films.....they just feel a bit too much apathetic about what they expect from DW now and then.

Never mind about DW, not picking the best dates or not doing the best marketing strategy ever......the thing about people wishing DW would fail and burn......is just......ludacris.

And another thing that bothers me about this film's underperformance is that.......people just prefer too much to see an animated film from another animation company, that isn't DW.....and i think it's unfair.

The hype and momentum for animated films always switches to "Oh wow, Disney is releasing another animated flick! Can't wait to see!"  and then sometimes in the case for DW, it's almost. "Oh.....right? DW is releasing another animated film, eh? (Yawn)...." 

Sometimes you always get a "Eh"..... or "meh" reaction. Even if people do feel excited for new DW-sequels like this, HTTYD.....or anything.....it always has to end with a "Eh".

Yeah...this is rant on how DW-movies today, is treated, Box office-wise. And i'm sorry it sounded a bit too harsh......but it's just the feeling i get when audience are eager to give DW another chance.....no matter the hype.

Maybe DW, will make a big comeback in the future......maybe.......but yeah......fuck whoever had to avoid this movie.....just to make it look like an obvious financial underperformer.

I made several clubs about KFP3 being a bigger success.....and i had so much confidence and hope with this movie.........and i was burned badly. :wacko: But then again.....i admitted a honorable defeat. It happens.

9 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Also.....the thing that bothers me about the current DW-sequels (HTTYD2, KFP3) performing below anyone's expectations.....is that....the people who want to see the films.....they just feel a bit too much apathetic about what they expect from DW now and then.

Never mind about DW, not picking the best dates or not doing the best marketing strategy ever......the thing about people wishing DW would fail and burn......is just......ludacris.

And another thing that bothers me about this film's underperformance is that.......people just prefer too much to see an animated film from another animation company, that isn't DW.....and i think it's unfair.

The hype and momentum for animated films always switches to "Oh wow, Disney is releasing another animated flick! Can't wait to see!"  and then sometimes in the case for DW, it's almost. "Oh.....right? DW is releasing another animated film, eh? (Yawn)...." 

Sometimes you always get a "Eh"..... or "meh" reaction. Even if people do feel excited for new DW-sequels like this, HTTYD.....or anything.....it always has to end with a "Eh".

Yeah...this is rant on how DW-movies today, is treated, Box office-wise. And i'm sorry it sounded a bit too harsh......but it's just the feeling i get when audience are eager to give DW another chance.....no matter the hype.

Maybe DW, will make a big comeback in the future......maybe.......but yeah......fuck whoever had to avoid this movie.....just to make it look like an obvious financial underperformer.

I made several clubs about KFP3 being a bigger success.....and i had so much confidence and hope with this movie.........and i was burned badly. :wacko: But then again.....i admitted a honorable defeat. It happens.

DWA's oversaturation of sub par films over the years is to blame and the fact KFP3 was released 5 years after KFP2, there's no conspiracy at all. WDAS spent years rebuilding their reputation and it's paid off. You can't blame audiences if they're uninterested in DWA.