abra

Warcraft (2016) OS Thread | ‘Warcraft’ Cumes $412.2M Overseas With $221M After 19 days in China

On June 8, 2016 at 0:01 PM, James said:

After Sunday it will be over 300m OS already. If China manages at least a 2x multi from it's 5 day opening then 550m OS is locked, and 600m is very likely. Huge, huge win for Universal. 

Isnt that...huge win for Legendary?

I would imagine Uni ain't getting any of that sweet sweet China box office.

This is totally crushing 150m 5 day with 90m in 2 days.  Damn Duncan.

Edited by kowhite

6 hours ago, kowhite said:

Isnt that...huge win for Legendary?

I would imagine Uni ain't getting any of that sweet sweet China box office.

This is totally crushing 150m 5 day with 90m in 2 days.  Damn Duncan.

For legendary yes, they are getting 50% of the ticket sales, for Universal I don´t see a big problem since they only put money mostly for the release (publicity) and destribution, basically they are only getting money from the US screens and for the future VDH release.

Edited by Belakor

17 hours ago, Belakor said:

For legendary yes, they are getting 50% of the ticket sales, for Universal I don´t see a big problem since they only put money mostly for the release (publicity) and destribution, basically they are only getting money from the US screens and for the future VDH release.

Well...it's true...their investment is limited to P&A (did they contribute anything to the budget?).

But...the upside is very limited.  So, I wouldn't call this a big win for them.  China means dick to them.  And P&A is expensive.

From the Twittosphere:

@giteshpandya $10.7M opening day FRI (US) for #Warcraft going to $27M wknd. Massive $144.7M 4day start in China - ahead of Furious7.

@ian_Caldwell Just the $144.7m for Warcraft in four days of release in China. Fastest international film to crack RMB 900m

Edited by Purple Minion

6 minutes ago, snitch said:

Until Thursday WArCraft was at  81,477,294 (via upi-boxoffice) without China.

Now BOM has updated at 276.9 M. When you exclude China (144/5) that is 132.2 or..... it made 50 M on Friday ?!

Strange, that's insanely high!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, snitch said:

Until Thursday WArCraft was at  81,477,294 (via upi-boxoffice) without China.

Now BOM has updated at 276.9 M. When you exclude China (144/5) that is 132.2 or..... it made 50 M on Friday ?!

BOM made a mistake, China numbers has included Saturday already.

11 minutes ago, snitch said:

We will see, you sure ot just an assumption ?

Finishing second is Universal's Warcraft with an estimated $10.7 million, a better start than expected as it is now looking at an opening around $27 million or so, but the story remains its status in China, which is now around $145 million after just four days. The film's international total is now estimated at $276.9M as of end of day yesterday.

1 minute ago, Treecraft said:

Finishing second is Universal's Warcraft with an estimated $10.7 million, a better start than expected as it is now looking at an opening around $27 million or so, but the story remains its status in China, which is now around $145 million after just four days. The film's international total is now estimated at $276.9M as of end of day yesterday.

I wonder what magic WW number it needs to get a sequel