chasmmi

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson marries overweight film nerd on camera

It's even sweeter how you described the other guy as a 'overweight film nerd' where he isn't called that ANYWHERE in the video or the title of the video.

Edit: Watched the video - The Rock is awesome.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 1

There's a guy who hasn't let celebrity ruin him.  I served him three times at the Outback Steakhouse when he was wrestling.  He was cool then and seems pretty cool now.  Good for him for doing this.

• Like 6

There's a guy who hasn't let celebrity ruin him.  I served him three times at the Outback Steakhouse when he was wrestling.  He was cool then and seems pretty cool now.  Good for him for doing this.

Please tell me you've asked him 'Can you smell what the chef is cooking?' at least once.

• Like 4

It's even sweeter how you described the other guy as a 'overweight film nerd' where he isn't called that ANYWHERE in the video or the title of the video.

Edit: Watched the video - The Rock is awesome.

I was just playing around as a bit of misdirection for the thread title.

Nick Mundy is great also, I love his passion for films.

• Like 1

Kinda gives hope for gross fat dudes like me. 

Cept you gotta be funny

:P

For those who don't know, Nick Mundy (aka the fat guy) has had a lifelong crush on the Rock and through the screen junkies show (the guys who do Honest Trailers) was able to meet The Rock and do some skits with him to the point and they apparently became friends.

So it was nice that The Rock could do this for him.

• Like 2

He's just impossible to hate even when he's bad in a movie.(As someone who indulged himself into watching Southland Tales all the way through) He's just endearing and exudes sympathy on and outside the screen, he's just having a ball being an action movie star with lot of comical self-awareness (like this vid showcases). That's pretty cool that you met him and that he is indeed a charming and all around sweet dude in real life.

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 3

Nah, people are way too self conscious now ... they always produce and project an image.

Even "in real life" how many of your friends and family folks are perceived as cool and friendly and kind and yet those very same people, in the privacy of their family, in their working place , they can be insufferable, violent or stupid people.

I am not saying everybody has evil inside I am saying you just never really know a person, you just have a version they choose to present to you given the social circumstances : friends, family, couple, educating children, workplace, playing the cool movie star each time  a camera is pointed at you etc ...

All the world s a stage.

Nah, people are way too self conscious now ... they always produce and project an image.

Even "in real life" how many of your friends and family folks are perceived as cool and friendly and kind and yet those very same people, in the privacy of their family, in their working place , they can be insufferable, violent or stupid people.

I am not saying everybody has evil inside I am saying you just never really know a person, you just have a version they choose to present to you given the social circumstances : friends, family, couple, educating children, workplace, playing the cool movie star each time  a camera is pointed at you etc ...

All the world s a stage.

Most but not all.

Got to be less of a pessimist, no? 

And if you want to make the observation, might as well not fall into the same trap otherwise why make one at all?