kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates (4-day): TL 41.7 M | PP II 38.5 M | MM: FR 32.1 M | A:AOU 27.8 M | POLTERGEIST 26.5 M

Denzel is still massively over paid.

But if studios agree to give him those 15-20m paychecks, I guess it works for them but Denzel s BO figures seem to contradict he s a good investment.

Denzel is still massively over paid.

But if studios agree to give him those 15-20m paychecks, I guess it works for them but Denzel s BO figures seem to contradict he s a good investment.

He doesn't get huge hits, no, but he is possibly the most reliable actor in terms of getting a solid, profitable hit.

Off topic but who are 3 actors that are box office draws? having them makes a movie lot more successful than them without , who do u guys think?

Nobody.

It ain't 1995.

There are actor who, when placed in the right role and the right movie, will sell. RDJ for example.

But not even Will Smith or Tom Cruise is the ever amazing I could read a phone book on the toilet while taking an A+ shit and still run 100m.

That time has passed.

• Like 2

Angelina Jolie?! That Maleficent BO number is all her because the rest of it was just okay.

Cinderella only grossed 40M less, with no star power at all...

Universal might win the year over Disney.

It's as close to set in stone as possible. SW only playing one week in 2015 and AOU not matching TA will have just as much to do with it as Universal's awesome schedule does.

It's as close to set in stone as possible. SW only playing one week in 2015 and AOU not matching TA will have just as much to do with it as Universal's awesome schedule does.

Big things that depend is how strong Star Wars first two weeks are, and how well Bridge of Spies, Ant-Man, Inside Out, and The Good Dinosaur do (plus Tonorrowlands legs to an extent)

Universal will deliver with Ted 2, Jurassic World, and Minions. They'll need a few of their non-tentpoles to over perform to win (such as Crimson Peak).

Big things that depend is how strong Star Wars first two weeks are, and how well Bridge of Spies, Ant-Man, Inside Out, and The Good Dinosaur do (plus Tonorrowlands legs to an extent)

Universal will deliver with Ted 2, Jurassic World, and Minions. They'll need a few of their non-tentpoles to over perform to win (such as Crimson Peak).

I feel like people are really underestimating TGD right now (understandable, since there hasn't been any marketing). To me it seems like Pixar's wanting it to be a real event film.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Oh, damn, I forgot about TGD, I was just thinking Inside Out. Still, Minions, Ted 2 and JW are all going to be huge.

Edited by tree - we're home