kayumanggi

THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN | 10.07.16 | Universal | final gross ● 75.40 M

48 minutes ago, bapi said:

Basically they leaked Leto and Chris Evans' names to gain more interest and now 'replaced' them with some 4th-5th choice options. That's just ridiculous.

I'm not sure why people keep underrating Luke Evans. He's an incredibly talented actor. He's definitely not a 4th-5th choice.

And I don't think leaking Chris Evans' name on anything outside of Marvel is really all that helpful. Sorry stans. He's just not a draw in any other type of movie. 

• Like 3

On 11/4/2015, 2:25:27, Frozen said:

I'm not sure why people keep underrating Luke Evans. He's an incredibly talented actor. He's definitely not a 4th-5th choice.

And I don't think leaking Chris Evans' name on anything outside of Marvel is really all that helpful. Sorry stans. He's just not a draw in any other type of movie. 

Luke Evans is a million times the actor that Chris Evans is, regardless of what Marvel stans say. And Theroux and Leto are both incredibly talented. Some people are mocking the new casting of Theroux and Luke because of Chris and Jared's current visibility thanks to their recent/upcoming superhero shenanigans. Reality is that visibility can't change the fact that Chris Evans is a just a pretty face (and not a draw anyway).

• Like 2

I was on board (pun intended) with this book until about half way in.  At that point, everything became predictable, the characters lost any sense of interesting factor they had and the conclusion was down right terrible.

I know everyone uses this comparison but it really is most accurate to say it's a very poor man's Gone Girl.

2 hours ago, CJ Ren said:

I guess Disney locked Ghost in the Shell. That is the only explanation to not drop to Universal's schedule. 

I imagine it's similar to Cowboys and Aliens which was released by Universal in the US and Paramount OS in 2011 in the same year they started the Disney deal.

I'm surprised they're keeping the DreamWorks brand for live action films rather than stop licensing it from DWA.