kayumanggi

THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN | 10.07.16 | Universal | final gross ● 75.40 M

11 hours ago, CJohn said:

@filmlover You have read the book, does the trailer reveal too much? I am thinking on reading it myself.

It does reveal too much. Not a big fan of the book itself. It tried to be really Gone Girl-ish but failed.

What @ChD said.

I enjoyed the book, even if it is a bit trashy (but not in a "good grief this is a ridiculous hot mess" E.L. James kind of way). Gone Girl was definitely a much better book overall (and I'm guessing the movie will be too), but it's perfect "beach novel" material.

That said, I think the movie looks promising, but it won't make nearly as much as Gone Girl and will make even less of an awards season impact than that did (which wasn't much in the end).

That's that girl who was a singer in Music and Lyrics all those years ago, isn't it? God, she was so hot in that and she looks so hot in this as well.

Yep, that's my whole takeaway from this trailer.

Edited by Arlborn
typos, typos everywhere

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

That's that girl who was a singer is Music and Lyrics all those years ago, isn't it? God, she was so hot in that and she looks so hot in this as well.

Yep, that's my whole takeaway from this trailer.

Yes. She also currently can be seen (for not much longer) in Hardcore Henry and is the lone notable female character in The Magnificent Seven. Big year for her.

Edited by filmlover

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yes. She also currently can be seen (for not much longer) in Hardcore Henry and is the lone notable female character in The Magnificent Seven. Big year for her.

Haha yeah, I just checked her IMDB page after writing this. I knew the girl on the trailer from Magnificent Seven looked familiar! Another reason to watch that, I guess. I already knew about Hardcore Henry, I'll definitely watch it as soon as it's available out of the movie theaters. Interesting that she's getting a bit famous.

I see that she was in The Equalizer as well, I guess I'll finally have to get around to watching that one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChD said:

It does reveal too much. Not a big fan of the book itself. It tried to be really Gone Girl-ish but failed.

46 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What @ChD said.

I enjoyed the book, even if it is a bit trashy (but not in a "good grief this is a ridiculous hot mess" E.L. James kind of way). Gone Girl was definitely a much better book overall (and I'm guessing the movie will be too), but it's perfect "beach novel" material.

That said, I think the movie looks promising, but it won't make nearly as much as Gone Girl and will make even less of an awards season impact than that did (which wasn't much in the end).

Like I suspected. Not sure why they didn't try to keep the twists under wraps. And this is only the first trailer lol. 

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Like I suspected. Not sure why they didn't try to keep the twists under wraps. And this is only the first trailer lol. 

Because there's literally nothing else to show. It's a suspense/thriller that starts becoming suspenseful and thrilling in like the last 30-40 pages. It's a first person narrative and it focuses on Blunt's character and how she tries to solve the mystery. The thing is, if you adapt that properly, the only good bits you can show are the ones that spoil stuff. I doubt you'd want to see a trailer with Blunt drinking or crying that she is fat and unemployed and that she is a mess who likes to travel with the train daily and likes to stare at her ex-husbands house because she misses him and shit.

These kind of books are deemed to fail in the trailer category.

5 minutes ago, ChD said:

Because there's literally nothing else to show. It's a suspense/thriller that starts becoming suspenseful and thrilling in like the last 30-40 pages. It's a first person narrative and it focuses on Blunt's character and how she tries to solve the mystery. The thing is, if you adapt that properly, the only good bits you can show are the ones that spoil stuff. I doubt you'd want to see a trailer with Blunt drinking or crying that she is fat and unemployed and that she is a mess who likes to travel with the train daily and likes to stare at her ex-husbands house because she misses him and shit.

These kind of books are deemed to fail in the trailer category.

They still could have been more careful. Gone Girl shows nothing past the first half of the movie in the marketing.