kayumanggi

THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN | 10.07.16 | Universal | final gross ● 75.40 M

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I enjoyed the novel but I wouldn't place it alongside any of the aforementioned titles. It lacks the satirical elements regarding the media that made Gone Girl so good. Also the writing is kind of lousy at times (though not cringeworthy in the way E.L. James' works are).

Haven't read it, I didn't even knew it existed before the movie was anounced.

@filmlover

As a person who have never read the book I don't know what is the twist, but I am not very good at these things.

Spoiler

We see Blunt with two sets of hair, so I guess she has double personality and that is why she doesn't remember parts of her life lol? 

No clue about Ramirez or Ferguson characters. 

Haley Bennett literally seems to fuck everyone in that trailer (Theroux, Evans, Ramirez). Does she also fuck Blunt lol? 

19 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@filmlover

As a person who have never read the book I don't know what is the twist, but I am not very good at these things.

Hide contents

We see Blunt with two sets of hair, so I guess she has double personality and that is why she doesn't remember parts of her life lol? 

No clue about Ramirez or Ferguson characters. 

Haley Bennett literally seems to fuck everyone in that trailer (Theroux, Evans, Ramirez). Does she also fuck Blunt lol? 

Spoiler

1) In essence, Blunt's character, Rachel, is an alcoholic still reeling from her marriage to Justin Theroux's Tom, who left her because of her inability to have children and has caused her life to fall apart.

2) Ferguson plays the mistress/now-wife of Tom, while Ramirez is the therapist that Bennett's character (who is the babysitter to Theroux's and Ferguson's new baby and lives close by with husband Luke Evans) starts seeing and has an affair with.

3) No lol. Sorry to disappoint you there.

• Like 1

As someone who has never heard of the book, the trailer gave nothing away.  It just makes you question whether or not Blunt killed someone who might be sleeping with her ex husband.  Those of you who have read the book are way ahead of the rest of us.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chaz said:

How have y'all never heard of the book?! It was the best-selling release of 2015.

I don't pay attention to book best seller lists.

22 minutes ago, Baumer said:

As someone who has never heard of the book, the trailer gave nothing away.  It just makes you question whether or not Blunt killed someone who might be sleeping with her ex husband.  Those of you who have read the book are way ahead of the rest of us.

(Vague) book spoiler:

Spoiler

That you get that the victim (Haley Bennett's character) might have slept with Blunt's ex husband is already too much IMHO.

That is not at all clear and obvious in the book until you get closer to the reveal.

14 minutes ago, AaronL said:

I honestly couldn't tell the difference between Bennett and Ferguson in the trailer.  We're they suppose to look alike in the book? :mellow:

Spoiler

Yes

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The only thing everyone can take away at the moment is that Haley Bennett is going to conquer the world this fall. Y'all need to get ready.

2vj3140.gif

She already conquered my world. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chaz said:

How have y'all never heard of the book?! It was the best-selling release of 2015.

Yeah, I've seen a lot about this book last year, but then again I keep an eye on goodreads/amazon and some book forums, most people don't.

Not my kind of book though, but still, I'd watch this film just fine if only for the eye candy. Emily Blunt plus that hot chick fucking everyone? Yeah, count me in.