kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

My box office prediction for MI6 if this increases and has a better month to release it in:

$225M DOM

$630M OS

$855M WW

Best case scenario: It could have a similar mass breakout like Skyfall & FF7 did, and go higher if it's a great film. And maybe get to over $1B WW.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

http://deadline.com/2016/08/mission-impossible-6-halts-prep-until-tom-cruise-and-others-deals-get-worked-out-1201806220/

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures has stopped the ticking clock and halted early pre-production of M:I6 Mission: Impossible. The studio won’t start up again until salary is worked out with franchise star Tom Cruise. The studio had hired between 15 to 20 people in London to start the soft prep work after writer/director Christopher McQuarrie and Cruise worked out the beats of the film, and McQuarrie went off to write the script. Those hired had just begun to work on the design of visual effects, and were told today to stop, we learned.

We’re hearing split versions for the reason: one scenario is that the studio is looking for Cruise and other producers including Bad Robot and Skydance to trim their fees. The other scenario is that Cruise wants Paramount to step up to the raise he got from Universal on The Mummy, and Paramount wants to pay him around what he got for the last film. So they’ve stopped the soft prep until they all find common ground

• Like 2

Without Cruise, there won't be a Mission Impossible VI and given Paramount's lack of franchises, they're not in a position to try and make demands. I imagine they'll agree to an increased salary and they'll finance a Cruise pet project as well.

28 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Pay him the fucking $$$. This is Paramount's biggest franchise and Cruise is the main reason for that.

Well, second biggest. Transformers is still a thing :lol: What if the reason is because Paramount doesn't have the money? :jeb!: 

after writer/director Christopher McQuarrie and Cruise worked out the beats of the film, and McQuarrie went off to write the script

There isn’t even a heated rush here, because McQuarrie has just started writing the script that he and Cruise worked out and production won’t begin until January

Classic Deadline writing.

Coming from 3 fantastic movies in a row (3,4,5). Rogue Nation really delivered for me,i liked Ferguson and the style of McQuarrie. I'll be there on OD of course, the franchise is 20 years old yet it keeps recieving excelent action/spy films.

• Like 2