kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

Not like Verbinski or MacLaren are doing anything

I do think M:I is Wright's ideal big franchise now. Cruise likes having a directorial vision behind these films, and the Pegg connection that put him in talks for Star Trek is here. The one big difference: this'll have a much easier production schedule than Star Trek Beyond will

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I mean Chris McQ is awesome but I would prefer if we kept up the different director for every film trend

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Oh shit I forg or about this... Well shit kinda pisses me off

I thought you liked this one though?

Personally I thought this was the weakest film of the franchise, so not keen on McQuarrie returning. :/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, treeroy said:

I thought you liked this one though?

Personally I thought this was the weakest film of the franchise, so not keen on McQuarrie returning. :/

I liked it. I.just like the different directors for every film thing that the franchise has been running with since the beginning 

De Palma's film feels different from Woo's film, and Woo's film feels different from Abraham's film, and Abraham's film feels different from Bird's film, and Bird's film feels different from McQ's film. And I enjoy them all (though one of them for probably not the intended reasons.) 

Also I feel like M:I 5 while good, I really didn't love the action scenes as much I have in some of the other instalments

• Like 1

On 11/30/2015, 8:17:33, MrPink said:

If they were gonna bring back a director, it should have been John Woo.

Why, so he could get a chance to make a good one?  :P

Using the same director probably helps with a quicker turn around between films.  Even Cruise ages.  There's less of a need to get up to speed, no need to feel out a list of directors and see if they have an affinity for the genre or project and Cruise already knows they work well together.

Edited by TalismanRing