kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

Rogue Nation is the best M:I movie, full stop. GP's probably my #2 though, it's great through the Dubai sequence, loses some steam in the 3rd act. Both have pretty mediocre villians, but the set-pieces carry each film. Probably 3-4 of the best action sequences of the decade are in GP and RN.

9 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Rogue Nation is the best M:I movie, full stop. GP's probably my #2 though, it's great through the Dubai sequence, loses some steam in the 3rd act. Both have pretty mediocre villians, but the set-pieces carry each film. Probably 3-4 of the best action sequences of the decade are in GP and RN.

tenor.gif?itemid=4870086

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

1*MCg_tZKM_X8Za0lK55EXsA.gif

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

De Palma's style in the original cannot be underestimated. Aesthetically speaking, it's hard to top the original. The Langley heist is one of the most breathtaking action sequences of the 90s. Rogue Nation is a close second, and Ghost Protocol a close third. III and II are entertaining despite being the lesser entries.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The first one is good, but it's also kind of jarring to watch today. It's just so completely far removed from modern blockbusters in every single way. It's kind of far removed from any blockbuster, tbh. Very much its own unique thing, for better or worse. 

I had that feeling watching it for the first time last year, what would be the chance for a movie like that to not be a big flop today ?

Humor is almost 100% absent, very complicated dialogue heavy plot.

31 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The first one is good, but it's also kind of jarring to watch today. It's just so completely far removed from modern blockbusters in every single way. It's kind of far removed from any blockbuster, tbh. Very much its own unique thing, for better or worse. 

For MUCH better, imo.

• Like 2

The two first Mission Impossible were written as they were making them hence "the confusing & complicated" parts of the plot especially the first one.

So the complaint is valid.

First movie makes absolutely no freaking sense whatsoever.

Edited by The Futurist

The first Mission Impossible film never felt confusing to me. As a ten year anyway, I understood what was going on.

Good franchise in general though, and I've quite enjoyed the recent films. Both Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation were some of the best action films of their respected years.