kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

1 hour ago, Istealnames said:

I wonder if this will break out and clear a billion, China might represent.

i don't know, rogue nation did $ 352M OS-Ch

i think Fallout could do a little above $ 400M OS-Ch [due to 3D]

Dom could do $ 200M

if China could bring around $ 380-400M, it could break the billion

for comparison, Rogue Nation did $ 135M on China, that's without 3D, but still, Fallout will need a really huge jump

right now, i think $ 850M worldwide is more realistic

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

this time it will have 3D, domestic doesn't matter for 3D

but will help on OS, especially in Asia

It doesn't matter in a lot of countries, I'm not doubting it'll be a hit but I think expecting to have a huge jump is unrealistic. 

I actually like the poster. i think it stands out....i like the colour scheme.

As for BO, i wish it breaks out, but i think the MI franchise has a roof that's gonna be hard to break. To do more, it needs teenagers , but Cruise is not cool to them like Vin Diesel. Henry Cavill will help a little, but he's not a name in the us.

200M in the US is a good target

42 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It doesn't matter in a lot of countries, I'm not doubting it'll be a hit but I think expecting to have a huge jump is unrealistic. 

in China 3D is still a thing... it could double Rogue Nation easily i guess, which already put Fallout in the 800's range

but let's see how it goes, apparently it will have scenes for IMAX too, which also could help

The Cinemacon HALO footage I linked was nerfed by YouTube. The amount of prep time and jumps committed to making that scene happen was insane. This film is going to continue the unparalleled old school Hollywood go-for-broke blockbuster stuntwork that is missing today in most of their summer tentpoles.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mekanos said:

There’s a better chance of Ant-Man And The Wasp breaking a billion than this movie.

No way does AMATW have a better chance at 1b than this. Ant-Man made like 150m less OS than Rogue Nation and less DOM too, and there hasn't been nearly as much buzz about the AMATW marketing so far as Fallout's. Mustache-gate was marketing this movie last year already, lol. IW will help AMATW obviously, but not enough double the gross of the first WW. It would need one of the big Avengers having a significant  part in the film for that, and even then no MCU sequel has gotten close to doubling its predecessor's gross WW. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

No way does AMATW have a better chance at 1b than this. Ant-Man made like 150m less OS than Rogue Nation and less DOM too, and there hasn't been nearly as much buzz about the AMATW's marketing so far as Fallout's. Mustache-gate was marketing this movie last year already, lol. IW will help AMATW obviously, but not enough to more than double the gross of the first. It would need one of the big Avengers having a significant  part in the film for that. 

My point is neither movie has a realistic shot at 1 billion but I would pin AMATW as the bigger WW grosser. The second trailer for that movie got a lot of attention and trended on YouTube for a while. 

Just now, Mekanos said:

My point is neither movie has a realistic shot at 1 billion but I would pin AMATW as the bigger WW grosser. The second trailer for that movie got a lot of attention and trended on YouTube for a while. 

Fallout had the Super Bowl to debut its trailer and it got a lot of buzz in spite of the fact that it was going up against stuff like Solo, JW, and IW. I'd bet when the new trailer for this drops, it's going to do well on YT.

2 hours ago, Mekanos said:

There’s a better chance of Ant-Man And The Wasp breaking a billion than this movie.

Lol.... A Spiderman movie with Iron man all over the posters and trailers could not make a billion. Ant man has way less of a chance. The MCU can't always work miracles.