kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

When did the MI series morph into the F&F series? The plots of the movies are irrelevant. Instead, the movies are all about the action and set pieces. If those are good, the movies are good regardless of the story (or lack thereof) that connects them. 

This new trailer and the previous one have sufficiently showcased the movie’s action sequences do nothing else matters. If the film delivers more than that, it’s just a nice bonus but not required to enjoy the overall experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

decent trailer.  Not over the moon for this movie, but I'm sure I will see it in the theater

I'm with you here.  It looks fine.  But nothing that really has my juices flowing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

This trailer looked amazing to me. Will this be the best blockbuster of the summer, I wonder? it looks that way.

The MI series is pretty much a palette cleanser of practical stuntwork from the CGI spectacles we usually get.

Edited by Jay Beezy

5 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Looks good to me and I have liked every MI film, except for the first 2 . Part 3 is my favourite because of Philip Seymour hoffman’s (RIP) character who is one mean son of a bitch.

MI:3 is probably the best of the lot. It is also far and away the least successful at the BO -> Most audiences are clueless. 

Didn't care for M:I3. I usually like blockbusters going serious but nothing beyond Hoffman playing against type stood out in that film. Hunt isn't an interesting enough character to sustain a movie that doesn't also have amazing practical set pieces.

• Like 1

MI2 and MI3 are both a bit on the basic side. MI3 has the better acting and script, but still kind of forgettable. The rest all have far more personality and memorability. 

At any rate, the trailer is out of this fucking world phenomenal. This might honestly be the best one two punch of trailers for a film I've ever seen. This thing deserves 300+ DOM and 1b+ WW if it comes anywhere close to living up to the marketing.. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 hour ago, PPZVGOS said:

MI:3 is probably the best of the lot. It is also far and away the least successful at the BO -> Most audiences are clueless. 

To be fair, it was released at a time when a lot of people were sick of seeing Tom Cruise everywhere they turned, plus it was following MI2, which wasn't exactly beloved.