kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

7 hours ago, John Rambo said:

Trailer looks good....i was expecting it to be avg since the teaser was one of the best in recent times! 

Now its upto US and China folks to lap it up and give cruise a potential billion dollar movie. 

How fun would it be if,after all the DC movies,MI6 would be Henry's first billion movie?

An intriguing excerpt from an interview with Henry about MOS2.

Credit: comicbook.com

Interviewer: When can we expect to see Superman and if we do, what will it be like?

Henry: I cannot tell you when... and also I cannot tell you what...

Interviewer: I know Christopher McQuarrie has an idea that he pitched to you.

Henry: I think we are... we'd both be very keen. We've been playing with some ideas over the year that we've shot together, and it'd be a lot of fun to make those come true.

I'm predicting McQuarrie will be directing MOS2 next. It'd be an interesting development for a number of reasons but I'm of the opinion that Cruise and McQuarrie need a break from each other. And I'm just curious to see the result when their careers diverge.

Edited by zhu2
  • Like 1

On 19/05/2018 at 10:01 PM, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

How fun would it be if,after all the DC movies,MI6 would be Henry's first billion movie?

Well that'd be great!!! After all he deserves something big which DC is not offering him! 

51 minutes ago, langer said:

Can the Mission Impossible movies ever go back to top 5 DOM?  The best that they did since since MI2 got #3 in 2000 was #7 with Ghost Protocol in 2011.

I thought there was  a chance for a big break out and a return to MI2 heights after Protocol's success but it just didn't grow from there.  I don't see making a big enough leap domestically to hit that MI2 high again - a pity since the last couple have been so great and MI2 stinks.

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

I thought there was  a chance for a big break out and a return to MI2 heights after Protocol's success but it just didn't grow from there.  I don't see making a big enough leap domestically to hit that MI2 high again - a pity since the last couple have been so great and MI2 stinks.

It's going to have a pretty clear August, so if reception is good, legs could be strong.  Although getting in the top 5 DOM this year will probably require between 375M-425M.  Even top 10 could be a stretch for a well received MI:F

• Like 1

1 hour ago, langer said:

It's going to have a pretty clear August, so if reception is good, legs could be strong.  Although getting in the top 5 DOM this year will probably require between 375M-425M.  Even top 10 could be a stretch for a well received MI:F

True with advent of SH movies grosses above 200 looks bare minimum for top 10. BP,AIW,DP2,AM will/have grossed 200m mark and then we have movies like Solo, JW, Incredibles 2 which will easily cross this mark without any doubt. 

I don't wanna be a downer, but i want you guys to keep your expectations in check. We don't know if it's gonna be a good movie. I trust Mcquarrie, but...

I read they had a screening in Arizona. So i checked letterboxd and found a rating from Arizona. This one guy gave it 3.5 stars. and if you check his film history he seems pretty spot on with his ratings at least for blockbusters correlated to RT.  For example he gave RP1 four stars and the newest Kingsman he gave 3.5 stars...like MI-Fallout.

https://letterboxd.com/thenoto/films/

I hope it has a good opening cos competition this august is going to be fiercer than Rogue Nation.

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

I don't wanna be a downer, but i want you guys to keep your expectations in check. We don't know if it's gonna be a good movie. I trust Mcquarrie, but...

I read they had a screening in Arizona. So i checked letterboxd and found a rating from Arizona. This one guy gave it 3.5 stars. and if you check his film history he seems pretty spot on with his ratings at least for blockbusters correlated to RT.  For example he gave RP1 four stars and the newest Kingsman he gave 3.5 stars...like MI-Fallout.

https://letterboxd.com/thenoto/films/

I hope it has a good opening cos competition this august is going to be fiercer than Rogue Nation.

well this does it.  a guy gave it a 3.5/5 the film is doomed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

well this does it.  a guy gave it a 3.5/5 the film is doomed.

I'm just saying these high predictions are not gonna happen even if the movie is good. If it gets mediocre reviews, legs are gonna be shit especially with the august competition

Rogue Nation and Ghost Protocol both flirted with 700M WW, I think this could clear it but I don't expect much more than that. I don't see why it would break out much more than the first two, these movies have basically stabilized.