kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

I seriously don't get the Ilsa thing. I get that they were trying to go against that MGS3 Eva type of female spy, but I wasn't into the execution of the idea. Ilsa bored the shit outta me on screen, and I couldn't tell if it was the acting or the writing right. And honestly, everyone in Rogue Nation bored me, except for a couple Rhames/Renner moments.

I think the last of these that I enjoyed once I got over the novelty of the stunts was MI3. I actually cared about his relationship with Michelle Monaghan, I was actually intimidated by Philip Seymour Hoffman, and I was actually caught out by the Billy Crudup twist. It doesn't have the Burj Khalifa or hanging off a plane moment though, which understandably pushes it out of some people's minds when thinking of the best MI films.

• Like 1

I loved Rebecca Ferguson.  Rogue Nation best since the first.

Still, the first is the only one that doesn't feel kind of blockbuster standard.  But 5 did that best.  4 was cool but felt a little hollow.  3 was a bit underwhelming.  2 can go fuck itself.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kowhite said:

Still, the first is the only one that doesn't feel kind of blockbuster standard.  But 5 did that best.  4 was cool but felt a little hollow.  3 was a bit underwhelming.  2 can go fuck itself.

Dove Hater.

:angry:

1 hour ago, John Rambo said:

I seriously hope this increases from MI5...MI4 was well received in spite of this MI5 declined! 

Now MI5 was pretty much liked by audiences and critics alike!

I think MI 4 benefited from the Christmas holidays that's why it did better.   But MI5 was definitely the better film.

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

I think MI 4 benefited from the Christmas holidays that's why it did better.   But MI5 was definitely the better film.

Personally I loved MI4 a lot! MI5 was great as well but not as great as MI4.

But dont u think MI5 grossed less than what it deserved!

1 minute ago, John Rambo said:

Personally I loved MI4 a lot! MI5 was great as well but not as great as MI4.

But dont u think MI5 grossed less than what it deserved!

I loved MI5 and i wished it grossed more, but it still did good. the franchise is in a healthy shape. Excited about MI6!!!

On April 26, 2017 at 11:45 PM, kowhite said:

I'd like this to keep the groove of the box office trajectory.

On the seriously mission impossible side...

I would love Brian De Palma to direct Mission Impossible 7.  7.  Fucking 7.  SEVEN!!!

Cruise and split diopters. A match made in heaven.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2017 at 11:26 PM, kowhite said:

kowhite, this is detrimental to our relationship.

@MrPink

• Like 3